jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

NJ's Earthquake

1. IntimatEvolution profile image71
    IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago

So New Jersey suffered from an earthquake this morning.  Who knew?  I didn't know there was a fault line up there.  Is this common I wonder?

http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends? … 1&sa=X

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hey IE and Ohma, what's up ladies?

Just in case, you didn't know.....there is a fault line that runs down from Canada thru the northern U.S.

I only know this because we've had only ONE Earthquake that actually shook buildings, in my area. Again, once in 41 years, and longer than that...because my mother couldn't remember when the last time was, even when the first one happened. She has lived here all her life(62 years old now).

I'm not sure how far down south the fault line goes, but apparently New Jersey is close or on it. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sensible Cags!
        Here I was thinking it was the impending apocalypse lol
        Guess I will have to continue waiting tongue

Hey Kirsten,

I'm sure you'll be glad to wait. lol lol lol

Because, should it arrive......there will be nothing left. And, I'm not talking about the "mythical" version. I'm talking about the real threat against humanity.

If Nuclear weapons are launched on a global scale...trust life as we know it, will be nothing like we imagine. It will send the human race back to the stone ages, literally. IF, it doesn't wipe out the entire human race. smile

2. IntimatEvolution profile image71
        IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well thanks, I didn't have a clue.  Well I saw it on google hot trends, and thought...., WTF?

Good to know that.

How are you today?

@Ohma....this includes you too? How are you?

@Kirsten....forgot to ask....how are you? smile lol

I know....I know....I could have asked sooner. smile lol lol

2. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

We had a few minor ones in Pa. last year but no I do not think it is normal for the region.

3. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Good morning Cags.
    My husband who is 64 just told be that he thinks what we experiance her is more like underground caverns colpasing than actual earth quakes. we have a lot of limestone quarries in our area guess he could be right.

In PA. that could very well be accurate. big_smile

4. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

There is also a fault line that runs through Illinois, there have been a couple earthquakes there that I know of - one around 1989 and another in the last 6 months

working