jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Detailed Click-thru Statistics

1. DanPowers profile image54
    DanPowersposted 7 years ago

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get decent statistics out of Amazon associates. I can see that since I started writing on hubpages I'm getting quite a few clicks on Amazon items. Is it possible to know what products people are clicking on, or do you just get detailed information on purchases?

Thanks!

2. wrenfrost56 profile image80
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Hey there Dan, I have not had much luck with Amazon myself, however  I read a really good hub by Kirstenblog today, its her latest, explains how she made amazon work for her, really useful and worth checking out. And Nelle Hoxie also worth a read, she has sad success with that and shares her knowledge too. Hope that helps welcome to HP. smile

3. wrenfrost56 profile image80

Sorry it was meant to say she has had, not she has sad! Damn typos lol

4. DanPowers profile image54
    DanPowersposted 7 years ago

Thanks - I'll check those hubs out.

I seem to be getting good clicks to Amazon, but I'm not sure how many clicks are coming from my other sites (I've been an associate since the last century so I have some very old Amazon links left in corners of the Internet!)

5. wrenfrost56 profile image80

No probs, good luck. smile

6. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Dan, you're only going to get info about items purchased.  If you run more than one site, you can get distinct IDs for each so that you can tell which site general traffic is coming from, but that's about it.

1. DanPowers profile image54
      DanPowersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

Yes the Amazon statistics aren't great. What I've done is build a few Amazon hubs, then if I get a sale of an item then I will hopefully be able to tell what hub it was from. Although from previous experience I've found I sell all kinds of stuff as people get carried away and start buying all manner of things!

working