Is it possible???

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

one of my friend has got almost 10.000 views from his around 100 hub in 5 months. But not a single click yet. Is is possible or any error? I am confused.

What is your normal click through range? 

I believe what ever the topics or keywords are in every 100-300 organic views one can get at least one click. Bur 10,000/0!!! What is he missing??

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it Google Adsense stating that he has the ~10,000 views?

If so, then I have not a clue.

However, if it's HP stating the ~10,000 views and Google Adsense is not showing ~6,000 views, then I'm guessing his HP-to-Google Adsense account setup is messed up somehow.

2. the clean life profile image70
      the clean lifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had applied to Google Adsense again, because a friend of mind said it is possible that the account wasn't fully complete. Now I must wait for word from Google

3. Starfishfelix profile image61
      Starfishfelixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would guess that with 6000 hits (the remaining 4000 would have gone to HP) at least someone would have clicked something, even accidentally or randomly.  I would double check the adsense account number you entered to make sure there wasn't a mistake of some sort.

1. the clean life profile image70

Yes I re-applied because google said account wasn't complete, but what worries me is that I have shown 52 clicks (all time) between HP and blog and $51.07 (all time) so that tells me that the original account was working. unless I'm wrong

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Some assumptions:  your friend began writing about 5 months ago, has written 100 hubs and has received about 10,000 views according to HP.

Given those assumptions:  about 1/2 are probably HP visits, leaving 5,000 organic (and that number could go way down depending on what is being written).  Of the 5,000 views, 40% "belong" to HP, leaving 3000 views.  Given the reported norm for HP of 1-3% CTR your friend should have seen somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 clicks.  Understand that if he should have 30 clicks that could mean anywhere from 10 to 50 as statistically that is too low a number to be very accurate.

You might take a look at the # of organic visits in the "traffic" section.

As the number is zero, I would look at:

Is he signed up correctly with adsense, and the clicks are not being mixed in to other sites of his?  Is he reading the adsense data correctly?

Are the ads being shown pertinent to the article?  Are they there at all?

Are the hubs listed as being commercial or has he mistakenly marked them as not commercial?

If he has Amazon ads, does Amazon show at least some clicks if not some sales?  I would suspect that he has Amazon capsules but zero clicks (not to be confused with sales) there as well there is something wrong.

Hello I'm glad I saw your post because i too have Amazon and the clicks work and can be seen and have sold and shipped only three things, but it shows me it is working just no one buying. As far a adsense 9,500 page impressions and only 52 click between HP and Blog.

Oh and BTW congrats on the score of 100. Great Job!!!!

2. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Wilderness. You summed it up very well. Only thing to add - is the friend looking at "today" or "all time". I know of a few people who've made that mistake and realized that although they've only got 8c for today, they had earnt several dollars in 'all time'.

@The clean life - A quick look at your hubs shows that you write a lot of informational articles. Information doesn't sell items - it just answers questions.
      To get serious Amazon sales you need to write hubs aimed at people who want to buy - instead of articles like "How to stop binge drinking" ones like "Tablets to help you stop binge drinking" or "Cheap aids to help you stop binge drinking" would be more likely to sell Amazon items.

Hi WryLilt, Thanks you so much for the info here. I will try to make article as you mentioned

@ saleheen. A thanks aways to you my friend !!!

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha!  I should have thought of that; it took me a month to realize I had actually earned $.02 my first month as I didn't know how to find the "all time".  Good point, Wry.

@the clean life:  WryLilt is right on when she says sales hubs are different than information hubs.  I put Amazon capsules on everything for quite a while, but while my sales are growing I don't think I've sold anything except from a dedicated sales hub.  There might be a couple of small exceptions for unusual items required for the work in a "how to" hub, but extremely rare.

And thanks for the congrats.  It has been there all day now - probably a new record for me!  And probably because I haven't published in a week. lol

When you say Cheap aids for helping to stop drinking do you mean in Amazon go to get keyword and type that in or I have to write a hub on that phrase? or both?

saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you have to write a product specific hub and add keywords accordingly.

Select some products and make review on them. Add keywords related to products.

Note: I have no experience with amazon hubs

3. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

The Clean Life is the friend I am talking about.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah ok. Well I think following Wilderness' tips should narrow it down.

I think so.

Saleheen thanks for helping me out here on this thread

4. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

Just a thought, as well; How well-written are the hubs?  In other words, if someone has simply slapped together some random stuff then it's less likely to have any hits.

Is the article well written?  Has it been optimized for search engines?  Are the keywords relevant to the article?

I have a few articles up that haven't gotten a single click, and they've been around for awhile.  I haven't done any SEO on them, and really haven't marketed them at all.  I never intended those hubs to generate income.

Really, when it comes down to it, there are only two things that can affect getting clicks.  Either adsense is getting all screwy, or the article just isn't enticing enough for the reader to continue reading and ultimately click or buy something.

If the numbers don't show up in adsense, then I think it's time to do a little more research on SEO. 

Good luck!

hubs are alright,quality and relevancy of keywords are alright, not optimized but still managed to get 10,000 visits.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
        Urbane Chaosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In that case, I would suggest sending a email to the google gods.  It sounds like something, somewhere isn't set up right.. I'd also have them check their settings - make sure everything is put in right.

Beyond that, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks Urbane for the information, The problem is that over the last 10 months I have had 59 total clicks between HP and my blog.

Show it is recording clicks but almost 10,000 page impressions and on 59 clicks seems low. It is possible that qll click are not being recorded?

It's always possible, but Google does a pretty good job with keeping the bug population down.  That's probably another question for the Google gods.. It does sound a little strange though.. I'd figure that you would have more clicks than that.

Yeah I would think so. If you have read any of my hubs it is mostly about self help not selling of any kind etc.

How would I email Google? with these concerns and maybe they can look into my account and see if there is something wrong.

Check out the Google help center here.  There may be some information there, if not, you may try asking in the forum. 

If you can't get help there, then try here.

Hopefully, between those two, you'll be able to figure out what's going on.  Really, you should be getting a few more clicks than what you are..   I hope this helps. 

Good luck with it!

Urbane Chaos thanks so much for helping me out here. I will try those links and let you know what the outcome is. Have a great Thanksgiving if I don't see you before. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)