jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

would like to verify a policy

1. Chaotic Chica profile image72
    Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

I have an article that I wrote for a small town monthly, not online publication that I think would do well here but I am uncertain if this violates Hub policy.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image80
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As long as you retain the copyright, go right ahead!  Even if it does appear somewhere on the web, it's not a violation of our rules unless you have promotional links on the hub.

1. Sage Williams profile image60
        Sage Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maddie - Sorry to be chiming in but, now I am a little confused.  I was under the impression that your work had to be written specifically for hub pages and could not be published anywhere else online or it would be flagged for duplicate content.

Example:  I have a website, that I have written many articles for.  My understanding was that I could not bring them into hub pages for the reason that I just stated above.

Am, I misunderstanding the rule? 

Your feedback is very much appreciated!

Sage

1. Maddie Ruud profile image80
          Maddie Ruudposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sage.

As long as there are no outbound self-promotional links on the hub (such as back to your blog, or to your affiliate offers), it is not a rules violation, but the hub will incur a score penalty.  It also probably won't be indexed very high by Google.  It's in your interest (and ours as well) to post unique content, but we won't actually remove duplicates unless they are promotional (or unless the rights don't belong to you).

1. Sage Williams profile image60
            Sage Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maddie - Thanks so very much for your quick response and for clearing up the confusion for me.  It is greatly appreciated!  You're the best!

Muchas Gracias

Sage

2. Chaotic Chica profile image72
    Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

Thank you Maddie!  I appreciate it.

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image68
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

Every thing is clear after Maddie intervention.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

working