jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Keyword question

1. ruanz3 profile image62
    ruanz3posted 7 years ago

When you choose your tags for your hub and with the keyword tool you see there is many keywords that can bring you money, do you use all of them? Or do you only choose a few based on what is in your titles and content? Thanks.

ruanz3posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Another question. Lets say you found out your url is not the right keyword, would do redo the hub with the right url? How important is the url?

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Relevant ones to the content. Others may have a different method. And as tags go, I don't use loads. As for the URL, depends on how much traffic you're already getting to the original.

I've a couple of hubs that have really crappy URL's and titles. More something you'd find in a magazine, which is not really recommended but they're still bringing in organic readers, day in day out.

So saying - sometimes URL's/titles just work, even though they shouldn't and keywords don't always mean jack. Or the eCPC for that matter.

Nutshell - URL/title are (usually) important. Relevant tags also. Redo the hub if you think it's beneficial.

Thanks big_smile

3. MyWebs profile image82
    MyWebsposted 7 years ago

If its new and you have not built up traffic or back links I would defiantly redo the URL. Since the URL is the one thing you can't easily change its best to get this right from the start or change it early while you can. I probably attach more importance to the URL and description than some others do.

Which description are you talking about here?

1. MyWebs profile image82
        MyWebsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I'm used to calling it a description which is short for a Meta Description when you make your own web pages.

Here on hubpages its called the summary text. HP turns this summary text into a Meta Description within the hubs HTML code. I have a hub that goes into detail about this. Effective Keyword Usage On HubPages.

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

At the top of the edit page there are three tabs for you one says group and this is where you can group like hubs together under one main category. Another says summary. If you don't uncheck the box it will automatically use your first paragraph as the summary for your hub. If you uncheck the box, you can write your own that is more specific to keywords etc.

5. profile image0

I had to go looking, hehe and that is an awesomely descriptive hub on how to use keywords. Others should read it http://hubpages.com/hub/Effective-Keywo … n-HubPages

Ok thanks you both very much for this info smile

2. MyWebs profile image82
      MyWebsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank You lynnechandle. I hated to post the name since I didn't wish to be seen like I was self promoting. But it may be hard to figure out the right one since the title isn't very obvious. And it answers his question better than any forum post could.

6. profile image0

Yeppers! And you are both very welcome.

7. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

Both title and URL are important as well as content and keywords. One has to use tags judiciously. Hubpages allow 40 tags at most.

If your hub is pretty new and you think that the URL is not suitable than change it and republish your hub.

If your hub is an old one and have backlinks to it or it is getting organic traffic, it is not worth to change the URL.

However, you can always change title of your hub (by just editing the title) if you deem it fit. It will not adversely affect your URL, Backlinks etc.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

working