jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)

Facebook - link to

1. De Greek profile image80
    De Greekposted 7 years ago

Can anyone help me please? How can I link my HubPages to my FAcebook account?

If anyone can help, please contact me on http://hubpages.com/profile/De+Greek

Many thanks

1. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm only trying to answer because nobody else has, so far. Everytime you publish a new hub, a page comes up asking if you want to post it to your wall on facebook so that all your friends can see it.
      Other than that, I don't know.

De Greekposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Izzy.. I msised out on taking advantage of this facility when you first publish a Hub. Now I don't know how to do it :-)

Thank you for your input

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

De Greek, there are a few apps on Facebook which allow you to add an RSS feed.  You can use that.

By the way, it's not etiquette, and you don't need, to post a link to your profile on your posts - people just have to click on your name on the post, and they'll get there.

Sorry about my misstep. It was not intentional and thank you fo rtelling me

3. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

i use this app to automate the displaying of my hubs on my facebook
    feed

http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio … 3798139265

this is your link

http://hubpages.com/author/De+Greek/latest/?rss

get the app and copy that link into the settings

now everytime you post a new hub it will show up in your facebook feed

1. IzzyM profile image90

That's clever, but not one I'm going to use because for personal reasons I don't want all my hubs to be seen over there -if anyone is that interested they can easily go to my profile and find them, but all my family and friends are over there and there are just some things I don't want them to know about.

1. sunforged profile image75
        sunforgedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

that is wise.. i am a wacky artist type so i have no concerns about what anyone may think of my topics ...just today someone wondered why "i was selling bikinis!" ..the majority of my connections know what i do anyways

but, i stuck up the general/latest rss feed for him - you could alternately create a custom rss feed using tags that only displayed facebook safe hubs

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
        Dame Scribeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can always open another profile to keep personal separate from your HP world wink just a thought.

1. IzzyM profile image90

That's an idea actually. There are many things I want to write about but I can't for fear of upsetting family.
          A new persona, just writing in general - no names - no genuine photos! Hmmm..
          Thanks for the idea smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're not supposed to create fake identities on Facebook - but you see it all the time.  And Marisa Wright isn't my real name either smile

1. IzzyM profile image90

Shock! Horror! Not your real name??
            Actually just kidding I knew that because you have it posted on your profile smile
            My surname isn't 'M' either smile

2. sunforged profile image75

But you can create business and fan pages..nothing wrong with using a pseudonym inside of those pages

i imagined dame scribe was suggesting a separate writers account at HP for private stuff though

2. De Greek profile image80

Sunforged, many thanks for the advice I shall look into it and see whether I can implement it. I am quite an ignoramus with ths contraption. :-)

and

Izzy

I shall also see what this rss thing is and if I can use it. Many, many thanks :-)

3. De Greek profile image80

Sorry Sunford, how do I get connected to FAcebook? I am Ito copy the link you have provided where?

Please help :-)

1. sunforged profile image75

ok,

first sign into your facebook account

then, click the first link i gave you or type "social rss" into the search box

install the application

within the settings of the application it will ask you for a rss feed link

copy the second link i gave you and insert there

hit ok

your done.

The NEXT time you create a hub, shortly afterwards it will automatically post on your facebook

Thank you VERY much .. :-)

4. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

working