Anyone know how to link all your hubpages stuff to redgauge?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (51 posts)
  1. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

anyone know how to link to redgauge? I managed one article, but I have seen some peoples links where they have a hubpages symbol there?

2. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

someone must know, or are you letting me learn for myself?

1. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm on Redgage. I have seen that. I haven't tried it yet. I'll try now and get back to you.

1. profile image0

okay. Go to profile, then look for the sites tab. Add the name Hupages and add

add the hubages url of your profile

1. profile image0

oh and that didn't add everything, just the profile link. Maybe you can add your rss feed somewhere. I haven't really checked it out yet.

3. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

you are wonderful, I did look, but didnt seem to be able to work it out. Thanks....Sometimes I just miss whats straight in front of me. And congratulations for working it out.

I suddenly thought about a personal situation... and thats one that I cant see at the moment. Maybe what I am trying to figure out is straight in front of me?

1. Edweirdo profile image84
      Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Duh, I never answered your original question!

You have to add hub links one by one, you can't add all of your hubs in one fell swoop...

4. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

I read a Hub which said don't post links - hit the "blog" button instead and write a short blog post, including a link to your Hub.  More work, but you don't earn money on Redgage just posting links.

1. Anolinde profile image79
      Anolindeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahh .. that makes sense now.  Thanks, Marisa.  I'm just starting out on Redgage myself and what I did was hit the link button to my hub.  Seems like the "blog" button gets more hit and if it gets featured, you can earn a few bucks!

2. rmr profile image68
      rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I've posted nothing but links on Red Gage, and I've made some money. Not a lot,but not bad for the minimal effort involved.

1. englightenedsoul profile image57
        englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rmr what Marisa meant is that you don't get points for uploading links so you can't take part in daily raffle contests and also very few links get featured.  Blogs and photos get more featured bonus.

3. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have tried to use the Blog several times on Redgage and it always freezes up when I hit continue. The "link" is the only function I have seen work.  I am beginning to think I am wasting my time there. If it will work, I would use it , but if not.....

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mike, I had the same problem (or thought I did), but I was expecting the "blog" command to create a whole new blog, which I would then add posts to.

It doesn't work like that.  Select "blog", write a post title, tags and description, click "continue" and you'll get a screen where you can write an individual blog post.   The "upload" button is inside the screen, and it's often very pale - but it does work.

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for this. i was wondering too. tomorrow when i finally get some time i will start my blogs smile

Cosette, Edweirdo thinks I was given bad advice, so don't take it as gospel! 

I think the point is, if you create a blog post with your link in it, then you can enter that blog post in the daily contest and earn prizes.  Whereas if you just post links, you can't enter a link in the contest.

I'm going to try to find where I read the advice and will get back with the link!

Oh, and by the way - I spent ages struggling with the blog thing at Redgage until I realised you don't create a blog then add posts to it.  You just create one blog post at a time.

5. Anolinde profile image79
    Anolindeposted 13 years ago

You found what you're looking for yet, Salt?

1. salt profile image60
      saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

all very useful and marissa is one of those people who knows almost everything. Im beginning to think she is a computer!!!

LOL!  Great! smile

6. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I can't spend much time on redgage so only posting links for promotion as of now. But those who spend a lot of time are earning quite steadily over there(yup, pics and blogs pay a lot better than images).

Okay, this might sound dumb .. but what's the difference between pics and images? yikes

1. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol nice catch, that should be links tongue

7. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

thankyou.. I understand what I can do now! or how redgage works better than I did before. Ive seen people who earn quite a bit. I might  start by linking a couple of articles, then motivate myself to blog ... yet I have seen at least one person with a hubpages button on their page... eileen? where are you.. you should know the answer to this one!

Salt, you don't have to write a whole blog on Redgage.  Just go the Upload section, hit the "blog" button, and write a single blog post - it can be just a few sentences if you like.  Include a link to one of your Hubs on the subject and hit "upload."  That's it!

1. salt profile image60
        saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

marisa, again... thankyou words from the wise and obviously more calm, centred and organised than I... therefore, wise! Thanks..

2. Anolinde profile image79

Marisa, would you happen to know if a short blog post can get featured?  I really don't know what kind of standards they use when choosing which post to feature.  Thanks in advance smile

2. Edweirdo profile image84

I haven't posted any blogs on Redgage,but I think I'm doing pretty well there!

Links do earn money, but the real $$ over there seems to be from photos.

The main advantage to adding blogs is to be eligible for the daily contest, but a blog post only gives you 2 points in the raffle.

I wrote a hub about Redgage if you want more info!

8. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

I've been using RedGage for a few months now, and it's true that links don't often get featured, and they are not eligible for the daily contest.

That said, Redgage is a great site for backlinks, and that's why I originally joined the site. They have a Page Rank of 4, and not a lot of PR4 sites (1) let you post links to your own stuff, (2) pay you for page impressions, and (3) get so much Google love for your backlinks!

Plus, I don't know that using links inside RG blog posts are considered as backlinks by Google...

I've also uploaded lots of images to RG and that's where most of my earnings there come from - between views and features, it's more than $15.

I did win the daily contest once, but that was due to a referral I made - at 20 points, those are the highest value contest entries available.

But even if you make no money there, the backlinks are more than worth the 30-second effort of posting them cool

1. She-rah profile image67
      She-rahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Edweirdo, nice to meet you! Since you've been with RG for a few months, I was wondering if you could help me?! I uploaded links yesterday (first day there) and went into my default collection. I hadn't created any collections yet and hit the "move" button on each link in the default collection edit. It moved my links but I have no idea to where or how to get them back to default collection to create a collection. My links are still showing in my links and content files but nothing in collections. Hope I'm making sense smile How do I get them in a collection now since they're no longer in the default collection???

If you click on "Collections" from your profile page, then click the "Create" tab at the top, you can create a new collection. When you edit the new collection, a drop down box of all your links should appear. Just add all your links to the new collection.

Hope that helps...

1. She-rah profile image67
          She-rahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, ha! Great Thank You So Much!!!

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

So you're saying you don't know whether the links inside blog posts are do-follow?

I don't know that Google indexes links in blog posts the same way that they index "link" posts.

I sent a question to a RG admin regarding this, but since it's the weekend I probably won't hear a response until Monday.

When I hear back I'll post the response here...

Just a quick update if anyone is still watching this thread - I got a reply from RG about my question - here's their answer:

"I am looking into this Ed! They should but I want to make sure. Good question for my friends on the tech team. Thanks for the nice comment!"

If I hear more details I will post them here...

3. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is the PR of your actual links? A PR4 website generally has pretty low internal PR, whereas a PR8 site stands a much greater chance of getting you some PR1-2 links.

None of my links are more than 2 months old, so I don't know that they would even get a ranking in that short time, would they? The couple I checked out have no rank when I check them with the "SEO for Firefox" tool.

Agreed that a PR8 link would be miles better, but are there PR8 sites that let us post links to our own content?

9. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

I am on redgage but can't remember of the top of my head how to link them but from what I see many have certainly guided you. smile

10. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

ok, that all sounds really good. The backlinks are what? Links or blog posts?

11. She-rah profile image67
    She-rahposted 13 years ago

I'm under the impression that you only get back links if you post the links in your profile. I put them in my profile and post them on the website using "upload". Not sure if this is correct but I do both just to be sure.

The links you upload to RG for your individual hubs are backlinks. If you select "Link" from the Upload panel, then each link is created separately. Sounds like you're doing it right...

If you give me your RG username I can take a look...

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

It would be interesting to know for sure.

I was told not to add websites to my profile, and not to upload links either - because neither of those make money.  Instead, write short blog posts about your subject and put a hyperlink in the blog post.

I've submitted a question to admin over at RG asking this specific question, but it's Friday so probably won't get an answer until Monday!

And, crazy enough, I typed "do redgage blogs count as backlinks" into Google and my own hub about RG was the first result! cool

In the meantime, I can say that I've never posted a blog post on RG, just links and photos. The photos make the real money, but I do get traffic from the links themselves, and I see them in search results on Google (sometimes above the hub they point to!).

I also have a link to my HubPages profile in my RG profile, and that generates HP traffic and even new followers from RG here on HubPages. Same with my accounts on Twitter and Facebook (before I removed FB!)

Blog posts only make money in the daily contest if you manually submit them as entries to the contest, and you can only do that once per blog entry you post...

Either way, in my mind the point of RG is not to make money but to get good quality backlinks - even the highest earners I've seen on RG have less than $200 in the course of a couple of years' time...

12. PackSecure profile image59
    PackSecureposted 13 years ago

Anyone else having trouble registering for RedGage?  The link does not seem to go anywhere.  sad

13. PackSecure profile image59

I figured it out.  If you go to redgauge.com it will not let you sign up.  You have to go to redgage.com

14. PackSecure profile image59

I do not know what a referral does, but the first person to respond I will use their name as a referral.

A referral gives the person who referred you 20 "tickets" in the daily raffle. You can use my name, "Edweirdo", if you haven't already used one!

And send me a friend request once you're set up big_smile

Heya!  I've tried to upload photos on redgage, but the browse button doesn't work.  Would you happen to know why?  And thanks!  Let me look you up and friend you!

I've found the same problem - the interface there is flaky!

I find that clicking the "browse" button several times usually works - especially clicking the black part of the button instead of clicking directly on the word "browse". If that fails, reloading the page sometimes helps.

Plus, I think the site is optimized for the Firefox browser...

15. ruanz3 profile image59
    ruanz3posted 13 years ago

Ive given up trying to import twitter, facebook, my blogs etc to RG. It simply doesnt work. If anyone can tell me how to make it work id give it a go but no one here seems to know. I just use it for posting backlinks now, but i may even quit that since i heard backlinks are not even all that crucial wink

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I managed to import twitter and facebook finally but I cannot get it to link to my blogs.

2. Edweirdo profile image84

I've only ever posted backlinks there and have had success, so keep that up.

16. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Okay...I haven't seen this addressed anywhere else so forgive me if it has been.
    If you Import your Blogs from say Blogger or Wordpress, from what I understand, RedGage posts the whole blog.
    If this is correct, does that get you a penalty from Google due to duplicate content?
    Although I must say that I think (like a few other Hubbers more well versed in SEO than I am) that the whole "duplicate content" thing is bogus.
    I know you have seen a Wikipedia entry at number one in a search result, then on the first page, you see other high ranking pages that are nothing more than that same Wiki article copied and re-posted on their sites.
    I know I have seen this plenty of times.
    But anyway, would importing your Blogs lead to trouble down the road with duplication?
    Or am I wrong about RedGage posting the entire Blog page?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)