jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

Does anyone want a Google Wave invite?

1. thisisoli profile image74
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I have a few Google Wave invites left to give out, if anyone is interested pass me a PM and I will send a request in to google!

1. Cathi Sutton profile image75
      Cathi Suttonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I want one!  Please.  smile

thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

PM one and I will add you to the list,

Lynda, there is a video about it which is pretty long, but shows you how it can be used. I have found it particualrly useful for project management and document management for large writing projects.

1. Lynda Gary profile image56
          Lynda Garyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

oli,

thank you.  Unfortunately, I use hughes satellite ISP and am limited with downloading.  Seems that if I EVER view a video online, regardless of its length, it puts me over what they call their "fair access policy," and they shut me down for 24 hours.  Really sucks, but nothing I can do about it without upgrading to a corporate acct, something I can't yet afford.

I'll try googling to see if I can find a textual explanation.  i dont want to ask you for an invite if it would be wasted on me... (but, maybe, hold one aside for a short time? smile

1. mega1 profile image80
            mega1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

me too - I use HughesNet - cuz I have to - and have that same problem.  Now they have a tool that lets you check your usage (it puts an ikon in your bottom toolbar)  but still  - large bummer.  I wish I had a way around it, or they would get sued over this - other companies have much better fair access allowances but I can only get HN where I am.

yeah fair usage limits should be avoided like the plague, in England if you are with O2 you can get 10mbps fully unlimited broadband for £7.99

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image68
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi OLi,
      Can you have one for me? What do you mean by PM? How to do it?

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

Go to my profile and there should be a contact link, press that to send me an email!

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image68
          JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Oli,
          Thanks. I will be doing that just now.

2. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 7 years ago

what is google wave?

this is the best text description of Google Wave that I can find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Wave

I dont typically like wiki but this time it's pretty good

3. thisisoli profile image74
  4. Lynda Gary profile image56
    Lynda Garyposted 7 years ago

I'm interested, but still confused.

I've read what Google Wave is, but how is it used? Why would someone want it, I mean?  It sounds like a glorified chat app?  Am I confused? Okay, I AM confused ... but don't exactly know where my confusion lies. Lays. whatever...

5. thisisoli profile image74

It's hard to describe what it actually does, it is kind of a merger between all kinds of little applications you use.

From what I've read, it is INTENDED to replace conventional email.  (Funny. Just the thought that email is now "conventional," makes me feel sooo old.)

Haha I wouldn't say that, wave is a seperate tool in it's own right.

It is more like a much more complex version of facebook status updates to be honest!

6. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I have a ton of invites!  I haven't sent one out yet and haven't used the wave...so those that want to wave to me, send me an email and I'll add you - you need a gmail account.

7. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image68
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

Hi Oli,
    I have got the invitation. Thanks a lot.

working