jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Add bookmarking button in the new Hub Hopping feature

1. mochileiro profile image75
    mochileiroposted 7 years ago

I do like the new feature Hub Hooping, but I would like to see a bookmarks option there.

If I read an interesting hub there and want add it to my bookmarkings at HP or to share it elsewhere I have to do manually, or go to the hub page and do so.

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Any web browser can bookmark any web page.  For HubPages to add this option is entirely superfluous.

mochileiroposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeap! Any web browser can bookmark a web page. But if I think like that then I don't see any sense in have a bookmarking system inside the HubPages.

My idea is to provide access to this HP feature (bookmarkings) in the Hub Hopping, as we've currently in the side bar of the Hub's pages.

Actually, I would like to see a "Share it!" button there too, as we have at the end of the Hubs.

I agree that for those that don't use these features (bookmarkings and share it) can look superfluous. But I do use them and I think they're very useful. If they currently exist at normal Hub's pages I don't see why not put them at the Hopping. Anyway, it's only a suggestion.

3. thisisoli profile image74
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Actually I like this idea, if it was linked to the Hubpages inbuilt bookmarking system.

I have only just discovered this and have started to add a few of teh hubs I find most useful to it, I really like the setup of it!

mochileiroposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actually this was my intend when I said "add it to my bookmarkings at HP". Just as we've currently at the side bar.

I also like of bookmarkings inside HP. As you said I also put there every useful Hub that I read instead of rely on the bookmarking of my browser (as it stay in my computer) or an external bookmarking system (like delicious, as it would require login at one more site when I'm on another computer).

4. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

mochileiro, thanks for the idea. I worked on the Hub hopper, and I agree that it makes sense to have the bookmarking feature available within it. I'll add it to my list of things that I'd like to do at some point.

working