jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Link to music file

1. Paraglider profile image94
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

I would like to produce a hub in my Classic Guitar series with clickable links to short mp3 or wav files to illustrate points. I've done this once already, linking directly to a wav on a personal website. This works, by giving the reader the choice of downloading the file or opening it in Media Player. But it's clunky. It would be much nicer if I could upload mp3 or wav in a capsule.

Please note - I am NOT wanting the music to open automatically!

There's another problem. If I want to illustrate four or five short sections from a longer piece, I'd need four or five separate links to the personal site, which would be against the rules.

Is there any way round this?

2. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Use a video editor to make the music into the audio channel of a video, and use any old pretty image to illustrate it, then upload to YouTube and use the video capsule to put it in your Hub ...

Jenny

3. Paraglider profile image94

Thanks Jenny -

Yes, I could do that, but all I want is the music. After all, Kenny doesn't have to have music behind his pictures on art hubs, so why should I have to have pics behind my music on music hubs smile

4. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Well, you can leave the picture channel of the video blank, if you want people to focus on the music - it just might confuse them a little and possibly they might think the video was malfunctioning. You could maybe put a few words, maybe just saying "audio only", on the screen, so people relax and listen properly.

But I can understand if you don't want to mess with video editing - it may be quick and easy, but it's not the most elegant solution to your problem.

Jenny

5. Paraglider profile image94

Anyway, I think you've confirmed what I originally believed, that there's no good & legal way of doing it. Pity!

Thanks!

working