jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Adsence ads

1. Dolores Monet profile image100
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Can I choose ads that Google displays on my hub? I have published hubs that show ads that have little or nothing to do with the topic, yet I know appropriate ads are out there.

2. livelonger profile image93
    livelongerposted 7 years ago

No, although it can take some time for relevant ads to show up. Give the Adsense spider some time to figure out what your hub is about.

3. shazwellyn profile image43
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

It might be that google have just added anything until it gets crawled for better more appropriate adds.  Give it a few days and see.

4. Dolores Monet profile image100
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Thank you! I guess I am a bit impatient. I was not really giving the money angle a lot of though before. I've seen some odd ads on hubs. One I wrote bemoaning a woods that had been cut down showed ads for chain saws and tree removal services. That hub was not written with $$ in mind, though. It just seemed stupid.

1. livelonger profile image93
      livelongerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would argue, unfortunately, that those ads were relevant to your topic. If you don't want them, of course, you can turn ads off for that hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Dolores, when you think about it, the ads were relevant to your keywords - just from the wrong angle.  Remember the Google bots are dumb,so they can't read the context of your words, just the individual words.

If you have other Hubs where the ads have nothing whatever to do with the topic, you probably haven't used enough keywords in the text of the Hub, so Google can't tell what it's about. 

As writers, we're often taught to avoid repeating words when we write, but online it's good to repeat them a bit more often!

One way to solve that is to make the Hub longer, so you use more words in general, which gives Google more to work with.

working