jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Help!

1. LaMamaLoli profile image60
    LaMamaLoliposted 7 years ago

When I joined, I started following one hubber, tonight I have found others  I would like to follow. Originally I clicked "follow ----" and that was it. Tonight I have been asked for a verification code, is this right? I am sure this didn't happen the first time I did it.Thanks.

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Seems so. Don't panic, just copy the code, hit enter and you'll be fine. Welcome to Hubpages too smile

3. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

Sometimes it happens. It's OK. Go ahead !

I like your name it's very Latin. big_smile

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! Feel free to fan whomever you choose. That code you speak of is a new addition HubPages has added. I have too run across this fanning others.

I hope you enjoy your time here. smile

5. LaMamaLoli profile image60

Thank you all! Shall go away now and follow follow follow!!!

1. myownworld profile image80
      myownworldposted 7 years agoin reply to this

welcome here! Don't overdo the following at one go though (fanning spree)...negatively impacts your score. Best of luck with your writing...and hope you enjoy reading the great number of hubbers around! smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I would suggest using the Hub Hop button too wink found under your 'My Account' tab. smile Welcome to HubPages!

7. Mieka profile image78
    Miekaposted 7 years ago

@ Myownworld. Why does following people affect you hubscore negatively? I would think it would be a good thing, as you participate in the community?

1. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's only bad if you 'spam follow' which is when you fan hundreds of people simply to get people fanning you back.

You will often notice these people as having less than 10 hubs, no meaningful forum posts, and over 100 followers, i think they feed off each other!

If only they understood the tactic doesn't work.

8. LaMamaLoli profile image60

I don't know, but maybe its to discourage people from following hundreds just to get followed back. If they don't encourage it then I guess it gets people to follow others because they are genuinely interested. That's the only thing I can think of anyway- but I'm no expert!

1. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But expertly answered all the same!

working