jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

hub keeps saying duplicate

1. Ginny.Toll profile image57
    Ginny.Tollposted 7 years ago

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how a hub is published.  I had a hub published for one month and now it says it needs editing because it's a duplicate.  I have tried 5 time to get it published and have been unsuccessful.  Does anyone have suggestions or where I can ask for help.  Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Has it been unpublished or is it just giving you a warning that it's a duplicate? 

When you open the Hub, do you have a section that says "Copied"?
    If so, have you clicked on "learn more" to see where the copy is?

Ginny.Tollposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It has been unpublished and is now giving a warning of duplicate.  Everytime I try to edit it, it says the same thing. Thanks for your help Marisa!

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Even if it's unpublished, you should be able to open it. 

Have you tried googling the first line to see if a duplicate comes up?

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I don't know if this is the one you are referring to-- but your recent hub seems to be published on another site.

Here,http://www.betternetworker.com/articles/view/sponsoring-and-recruiting/how-you-can-succeed-in-your-first-year-in-network-marketing.

It is in your name, and I am sure you are the author-- but "original content" on HubPages means it is not appearing elsewhere on the net.  Usually you can still post it here-- but it will be rated lower.

thanks Rochelle, but it's not that hub.  It is a hub that was once published and then taken off and I have been trying to get it republished.  Should I just delete it?  I don't know what to do. 
      I have written many articles that might be similar, could this be the reason?  If so, I changed the backlink but it still says duplicate.
      Any thoughts? Thanks for all your help!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
        Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't know-- Don't delete it yet-- but the hubpages team is usually helpful if you ask them a specific question. I think the  addy is:
        team(at) hubpages.com-- but someone might check me on that.

thanks Rochelle, I'll send them an email.

working