jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

My link isn't broken

1. Oona Seckar profile image59
    Oona Seckarposted 7 years ago

I have a hub showing up as having a link that's broken and in need of fixing.  Which is fine, except it isn't - I've checked.  Maybe the site was down when an administrator looked at it?  But considering it's still showing up as broken, what do I do?  It's annoying.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would try to edit the hub, remove the link, then reinsert it. If there is still a problem, I would try to unpublish, then republish the hub. If that doesn't do the job, you can contact HubPages directly.

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

2. larryfreeman profile image86
      larryfreemanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Oona Seckar,

If the link is good, I would recommend going to MyAccount/Broken Links & Videos and then hit "IGNORE" in the report.

That will remove the issue.

-Larry

2. Oona Seckar profile image59

Thanks guys.  I wish there was a 'thanks' button for helpful posts on here.

3. Lynda Gary profile image57
    Lynda Garyposted 7 years ago

Just wanted to mention that this once happened to me as well.  I contacted HP, and as it turned out there was a space in the link that I couldn't see.  They fixed it for me but it was something I coulda fixed myself by retying the link (not copy and paste, which I'd tried and kept getting the invisible space).

4. Oona Seckar profile image59

Thanks Lynda.  My link actually works, though, which leaves me a bit flummoxed.

5. blue parrot profile image56
    blue parrotposted 7 years ago

It is now happening to me. Very strange. I tried the link on a Word doc and on a blog of mine, and it worked. I asked at the "Need help" forum and Mark Knowles said that my link worked for him.

working