Just curious...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

I'm just wondering about traffic and comments for my hubs.

My traffic is okay, I have no complaints. 

What I'd really like to know is why I don't get many comments in comparison to how many followers I have and how many views my hubs get.  I really enjoy the comment aspect of HubPages.  Many times I'll return to Hubs I've commented on just to see what the writer had to say about my comment.  (not assuming anyone else would, but I've noticed some do - and I'm not expecting it either)

So...any ideas floating around out there about the lack of comments?

Thanks for any input. smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i just posted one, hope you'll like it. On one of your hubs.

Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile thanks, I wasn't asking for comments, just curious as to why I'm getting so few.  Some hubbers I read & comment on have LOTS of comments within a short amount of time!! so, yeah.  Just curious. smile

2. Rafini profile image83

Wow, Home Girl, that was great!  Thank you smile

(psst - I wasn't fishing for comments, just curious why I don't get many lol)

1. profile image0
          Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You poem was great. It inspired me to write back.

2. Fiction Factory profile image68
      Fiction Factoryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is of course a good practice to comment back when someone leaves you a comment. Comments or not may also be a good indicator of whether your readers find your articles inspiring; try for example to write directly addressed to the reader from time to time, as opposed to only writing about subjects.

But it is difficult to please everyone, as you know. I recently had an encounter with a hubber - what was his name? - who asked a question about Fiction Factory. I responded sincerely, I thought, and whoops he defanned me.

I was disappointed, but hey, this is HubPages - keep trying until you get it right. Good luck!

Okay, I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks.

3. RNMSN profile image60
      RNMSNposted 14 years agoin reply to this

too political for me although when I get really mad I write them too/Im sure youre doing great the point is to write your passions!!!!keep it up! love to you!!!!

2. Fiction Factory profile image68
    Fiction Factoryposted 14 years ago

OK, I noticed - new style, 100 followers. Congratulations!

Hey!!!  Thanks!! smile

3. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I think it comes down a lot to the subject matter of your hub. Controversial topics will attract tons of comments as everyone wishes to voice their opinion. I have a 'Facts' hub that gets tons of search engine traffic from mostly students researching for papers they are writing. They rarely leave a comment. They get what they were after and poof they are gone 99%+ of the time. In general hubbers tend to comment more, search engine traffic users rarely do.

While tons of comments are nice it really doesn't mean much in the scheme of things. It is a factor in a hubs score though, so it is worth encouraging comments. I tend to ask users to leave their opinion on the topic, ask any questions they may have or some other statement meant to encourage comments that is relevant to the hub's topic.

now thats a good idea.  I'll give it a shot, thanks. smile

4. thisisoli profile image81
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I dont get a huge amount of comments either, but most of my hubs are based for sales, and consequently have more external visitors than internal.

Hubs which are based around thought or ideas seem to get more comments than product reviews.

I always enjoy the comments I do get, and I do read them all!

thoughts or ideas for comments.  makes sense....& got it.!  Thanks!

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

HEY WHAT DO I WIN I JUST BECAME YOUR 100 FOLLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didn't bother leaving a comment

just kidding

nice work on latest hub

count on comments from this hubber with work like that!

xo

Kimberly

Too Cool!  (strange, I heard the same thing yesterday...lol oh well, again is OK!)

omg!  I have to come up with prizes too?  um, um, um, how about...big_smile  a smile?

6. N. Ramius profile image79
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

A featured hub seems to get lots of comments. So get like a 99 or 100 on a hub or have it featured and you may see some comments.

how do you do that?  I'd love to get a 99 or 100!  lol

1. N. Ramius profile image79
        N. Ramiusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got  no clue. Happened to one of my hubs but I considered it a weak hub and not as good as some of my other which lounge around with lower scores. Now that hub keeps rising to 100 and I am dumbfounded.

My guess would be write a solid article and then get lucky? Or try bribing the staff.

lol  okay, I can try that!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)