jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

My new hub doesn't show up on "Latest Hub"

1. William F. Torpey profile image81
    William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago

I just published a hub called "Game Raises Questions," where is it? It's not in "latest hubs" at all although it shows up as published on my statistics.

2. William F. Torpey profile image81

Now I see it doesn't show up on my hubtivity either!

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image76
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Did you double check that it really published?  I don't see it on your profile page under latest hubs either.

4. William F. Torpey profile image81

Thanks for replying Stacie. It shows up as published everywhere else except latest hubs, either on my profile page or on the Hubs category near the top of the page. Can I "unpublish" it, and then "publish" it again? No one will see it if the "latest" hub doesn't show it.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image76

You might try the unpublish and republish thing.

Post the link here, so I can see if I can see it.

6. William F. Torpey profile image81

Here's the URL for the hub:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Game-Raises-Questions

It appears that the hub has somehow gotten a few hits. I don't know how. But, I'll wait about 10 or 15 minutes before trying to unpublish and re-publishing it.

Thanks for your help Stacie.

7. Stacie Naczelnik profile image76

William, did you publish it 3 weeks ago, maybe accidentally, and then unpublish it?

It shows up as published 3 weeks ago here: http://hubpages.com/author/William+F.+Torpey/latest/

8. William F. Torpey profile image81

When I was working on changes to my hubs about that time I did hit the publish button on one of them accidentally and immediately hit the unpublish button -- I don't remember which one it was, but that could be the answer. If that's the case, does that mean I never get to have this hub listed as my latest hub? Not even on my Profile Page? If that's the case it will never get read by anyone.

Good detective work, Stacie. Thanks, again.

9. Stacie Naczelnik profile image76

That is exactly what it means.  It will always show that original publish date, even though it was accidental.

10. William F. Torpey profile image81

I guess I'll just have to live with having the least read hub on Hubpages. If the brass at HubPages reads these messages, they might want to consider place the "Publish" button about three miles away from the "Done Editing" button!

Thanks a million for all your help, Stacie.

11. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Noted, William.  I reset the first published date on that hub for you, so it now appears at the top of your latest list.   I didn't update hubtivity though.  Doing that is a bit more complicated, unfortunately.

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image76

Oh, good news for you there William!

13. William F. Torpey profile image81

Thank you very much, Paul. You've gone well beyond the call of duty on this one! Maybe that's why HubPages is Number One -- and why you attract such good people as Stacie.

working