jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Two Big Questions about HubPages!

1. KristalB profile image60
    KristalBposted 7 years ago

1. When I posted duplicate content, the error said, "Duplicated hubs are not a violation of our rules, and may remain published. However, promotional or affiliate links are strictly prohibited on hubs identified as duplicate." Does that mean I can't earn any Adsense money from this article? If so, what would the benefit be for posting this article on here?

2. I have seen other authors creating hubpages just to try and sell Amazon items, through Amazon affiliates. Is this allowed? For example, let's say I want to get people to buy a certain book through AA, could I create a hubpage about the book and link the product on it and this be OK?

Thanks! smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can still make AdSense from the hub, and can even add EBay and Amazon capsules with products in them.  You just can't put any outbound links on the hub.

You can absolutely write a hub about a book or product and use an Amazon capsule to easily promote it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes you can earn Adsense - but it probably won't earn as much.  Too many duplicate articles will harm your scores, too.

Yes, just make sure you have enough material to write a Hub about just one book.  You should be aiming for at least 400 words and preferably a good deal longer.

2. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

1. No, you can earn with Adsense, Amazon, and Ebay. You can't place any links of your own though.

2. Yes, as long as you use Amazon capsule.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Boo... You've got speedier fingers than me today, Misha.

1. Misha profile image78
        Mishaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Maddie tongue

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Duplicate hubs probably wont earn you much organic traffic, which means no amount of sales modules will save you since no one will be viewing the content.

working