jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Just wondering aloud - Is IMVU on anyone's Competitive Ad Filter list?

1. Dense profile image62
    Denseposted 7 years ago

Tired of seeing it there and not sure how many cents it generates. -_-

1. Dense profile image62
      Denseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It mostly appear in the form of a graphics ad with a brown-haired girl in it. -_-

2. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Talking to yourself? Uh-oh... lol

Oh, and btw, my tests led me to a conclusion that tampering with this list actually decreases earnings smile

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I agree with Misha - its a bidding system if you block the highest bidder the next who appears will probably be worth less.

If you hate your advertisers figure out why they like you so much

1. Dense profile image62
      Denseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This seems to be a lonely subject. hmm
      Does that mean that you guys will not block any of those $0.01 advertisers? ie you don't have anything in your filter at all?

1. Misha profile image73
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yep, exactly smile

2. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would even wonder how you knew (or thought you knew) which advertisers were worth .01?

Each HubPages has 4-5 adblocks - some with 3 advertisers a piece, even when you know the originating page (via URL channels) how could you know which single ad was clicked?

If you consistently egt penny clicks and it is supposed to be an adsense rev generating page then you need to retweak your keywords and ad placement.

The competitive ad filter is intended to block "competitive ads" if you have a page on Nike shoes you may not want to have reebok ads display

1. Misha profile image73
          Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a piece of software somewhere on my HDD that I paid for I think $20 that does just that - tells you what ads cost what. And I played with it for some time before coming to a conclusion it's worthless. lol

As for the penny clicks - mine are mostly between 0.07 and 0.09 - do I need to worry? wink

working