jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How does posting on forums help traffic?

1. Aiden Roberts profile image84
    Aiden Robertsposted 7 years ago

This maybe one of the most basic questions but I am new so please forgive me.

I understand how posting on Hubpage forums can increase your traffic, fellow hubbers checking you out but how does posting on external sites drive traffic to my hubs?

When I post externally should I blatantly mention my hubs, do I some way add links to my hubs in my signature or something else?

Also I have read about using facebook to promote my hubs, is this to my friends or do I put the hubs in my profile someway?

What about digg and stumbled upon, are these useful and how?

Sorry for so many questions but thanks in advance.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Traffic from other Hubbers doesn't earn you any money, and the amount of traffic you'll get internally at HubPages is a drop in the bucket compared to what you'll get from the big wide world out there.  That's why posting in other forums and on blogs is important.

Some forums will allow you to create a standard signature which includes a link to your website or Hub.  That's an easy option.  Some blogs will ask you to type in a website address when you comment, so your name becomes a link.  That's also easy.  For other forums, you have to be patient, join in the discussions, get to know people - then when you feel like you're a member of the community, you can start mentioning your Hubs when an opportunity comes up. 

For instance, I'm a member of a bellydance forum.  A while ago there was a discussion about swords,and I was able to say, "I wrote an article about that if you're interested" and post a link.

Aiden Robertsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great advice thank you.

2. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 7 years ago

If your posting links in forums, I do recommend reading their forum rules (if they have any) before posting your links. Sometimes they really dislike that you do that.

Aiden Robertsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the warning, saves me getting banned too early on in my internet career.

1. Origin profile image61
        Originposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No problem! The reason I say that is that I used to have a pretty popular forum (about half a million posts) and I had that rule, where you can't self-promote anywhere on the website. Sometimes, on rare occasions, I would look the other way.

Hypothetically speaking, even if you did get banned from a forum, there are thousands of other forums out there to post on. big_smile

working