I've linked my AdSense account to HubPages and it's showing as "Active" in my account...so no problem there.
However when I log into my AdSense account, it is showing 0% for "Host's Share of Revenue".
Can anyone explain?
i would consider hp "the host" they get 0% of your revenue ...this is an impression share site
never seen the message you describe ..but that is how i read it
You can log into your AdSense account and see what revenue share each one of your accounts has. Get there via Account Access under the My Account tab.
My WebAnswers account shows correctly but for HP all is see is are big fat zeros, nada, diddlysquat.
If HP are the host then how do we get paid. That's what the AdSense link under my account/affiliate settings is for I would have thought.
You get 60% of the ad impressions. HubPages the other 40% (unless there's a referrer involved).
You get 100% of the revenue from clicks. So HubPages gets 0% of your revenue.
Cool thanks for that!
So anything more than 0% is bad for us, now I understand
It's not a matter of it being good or bad. It will only ever be 0% for HubPages. It won't change.
If you sign up to DocStoc.com it's 50%. Because it's a 50/50 split on the revenue. Other sites that share revenue do the same. With HubPages it isn't about splitting revenue its about splitting page views.
That's sort of true.
We were given special permission to split revenue by alternating impressions as one of the first Google AdSense API Customers, mainly because they weren't quite ready to do the split through the API at the time that we launched.
However, there are some advantages to doing the split through the API itself, the main one being that only the author's AdSense code will appear on their content. Other nice advantages include being able to share revenue through AdSense for Mobile, and the ability to easily provide HubPages specific reporting for people. At some point we will probably make the switch, but there are some complications we're going to have to work through, particularly around our url tracker program ...
That's pretty cool, thanks for the tip! I never knew you could access that information.
Ahh I see, yeah Darkside is right, Hubpages doesn't split revenue, merely advert impressions.
by On The Trail 7 years ago
Under 3rd party access and hubpages.com it says under host's share of revenue, "0% of content revenue." What does that mean?Thanks!JJ
by Levictus Marcus Saarith 15 months ago
Hopefully someone from Hubpages HQ can look into this.I believe that those of us that are using a hosted account with Adsense are not getting any ad revenue on impressions from the niche sites.I base this on the fact that my daily impressions on Hubpages vs Adsense differ by a factor of about 100....
by DdraigX 8 years ago
So I've got a few hubs up and really just started here on hubpages. But the impressions that I get on hubpages, vs my google adsense doesn't quite make sense. I understand they take 60% of the impressions, but I was just curious. Those of you with over 100 posts and using google adsense are you...
by ThoughtsFromGeeks 6 years ago
Do Hubpages take a share from my Ads through AdSense Host account?When the ad code of the user is used in hubpages, the Google AdSense ad script include AdSense Host account of Hubpages. This would mean HubPages can take share from the clicks on my Ads. Does HubPages take any revenue share from the...
by fresh2def05 7 years ago
How come in my Google Adsense, account access, it says the hosts share of revenue is 0.0%?
by Brett Foster 2 years ago
Basically, I mean that us hubbers put countless hours of work into writing one quality hub after another which in turn increases hubpages revenue, which allows them to enjoy the fruits of its writers dedication and labor. I know writing on hubpages is presented to us like hubpages is doing all us...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|