jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Question about blogs

1. gracenotes profile image93
    gracenotesposted 7 years ago

When on Google's home page, I decided to do a blog search.

I can't figure out whether it is only searching for blogger blogs, or for anything or everything that is a blog on the web?  If you put in a very broad term, like sports, does it list them based on rank?

Also, does the wordpress.com  designation have anything to do with Google?  Or are they totally unconnected?

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It searches all blogs, not just blogger, and it displays them based on "popularity", whatever that means.

Wordpress.com has nothing to do with Google.  It's an equivalent to blogger - a free blogging platform.  Not to be confused with Wordpress.org, which is free software you can use to create a blog on your own domain name.

2. gracenotes profile image93
    gracenotesposted 7 years ago

Popularity, eh?

If it's a blogger blog, Google does know how many followers each blog has.

I don't post on a regular basis on my blogger blog.  I went back after being away, logged in, and discovered that I had 2 followers.  Oh, I fell over from shock.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Popularity isn't measured by followers.  It's more likely measured by number of visits.

3. Bill Manning profile image74
    Bill Manningposted 7 years ago

Yeah it list all blogs. I have my own blogs on my own domains and I find them in the blog search. Not sure how Google sees all blogs however. Some sites are a combo website and blog.

1. PaperNotes profile image60
      PaperNotesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think blogging platforms sends a ping message to search engines like google every time a blog gets updated. So the search engines the comes and indexes the new page for the search results.
      Correct me if i'm wrong : ) thanks

working