jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can I insert or link to a google ad?

1. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Now that I've written my last hub (a product review designed for Amazon) I find that Amazon no longer carries the product!

It is still available elsewhere, though, and I wonder if I can insert a particular google ad or a google search link to a retailer and get paid for at least a click?

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you've used the keywords enough, Google should insert the relevant Adsense ad all by itself.

Example - I wrote a review of the Artisteer software, mainly because I thought it was good - but I thought I'd sign up for Linkshare to get an affiliate commission too.  It turned out to be a pain in the neck because I don't use them for anything else, so the commission is so small it's not worth it. 

However, Google has kindly plonked a big colourful Adsense ad for Aristeer right at the top of the Hub.

wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And it might work that way for me, too.  At this point, think I'll just wait and see what happens with it.

2. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

If you had a website about it you could insert ads which include a category you created specifically related to that product.
    As far as hubs go all I know is you can eliminate certain ads in Google Adsense..I don't know about choosing specific ones

So unless you create a proper website I don't know the answer I'm afraid, I say this because I have my own site.

Don't think I'll create a website for a small product review hub!  lol  I may end up using it just for general traffic passing through to my other hubs or something like that.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

unlucky, try providing alternatives products which are kind of similar!

No, not unlucky - just stupid!  I could have at least checked before spending the time taking photos and writing.  Live and learn, I guess.

There are similar products, I just don't have experience with them.  Guess I could read a bunch of other's reviews and mash them all together, but just seems kind of dishonest.

1. thisisoli profile image73
        thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's not dishonest, it's marketing tongue

You can put a disclaimer at the bottom saying that this product is no longer sold by amazon, but people might like to try out these alternatives.

After that piece of text place a large amazon link to other related products.

working