Largest Medicare Fraud Bust In History :)

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 13 years ago

Its about time

Yeah - I like this one

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/he … 97264.html

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope more are caught. However, the prisons are over-crowded. hmm

starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol Yeah , the prisons are overcroweded but maybe they can let a lfew of those guys out that only grew a little bit of pot or something , were made an exaple out of  and a bed is being wasted  and  then give the beds to these crooks smile

2. dredhead117 profile image61
    dredhead117posted 13 years ago

It's people like this that cause huge problems countrywide. We have enough issues as it is, and we have crooks in uniform taking care of themselves before sick people. Great.

unfourtanatly it happens all the time - and poor old people are the ones who suffer the most from over medication, untimley deaths, and it goes on and on - its sad that old people are caught up and suffering because of trusted doctors greed

3. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

I'm baffled - over here I am working my arse off to get medical tests sorted that are necessary but the system is so tight and slow. Over there it looks like they give the stuff away like free pens. So if we could have a system that meets somewhere half way, that would be nice.

In these scams, do the patients never receive treatment - its just all made up on paper so it can be charged for?

Some recieve care that is appropriate due to the fact that , like some doctors are still legit - go read my hub on medicare fraud in Florida that'll explain it to ya smile

2. starme77 profile image76

alot of it is made up

And, that's why it is called "fraud", because some paperwork actually didn't have work done or anything for that matter. wink

Exactly

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Starme, I've seen doctors hand out prescriptions for the dumbest things. Not to mention, I've gone to the doctors, with a hurt back, they do test and xrays of my back, only to tell me nothing is wrong with it.

They chalked it up to being pulled muscle or over extended, and sent me home with two separate prescriptions, a muscle relaxer and a pain killer. Plus, I was told to take 4 advil on top of it.

Who is kidding who? And, to throw a monkey wrench into it...stop and think..just for a second.....how many NEW diseases have come to light in the past decade? I can understand science making some advancements...but at least over 1000 new diseases have arrived in the last decade. All new medicines to take for such illness??

Come on people wake up! smile

(not directed at you Starme) just in general. smile

not taken as directed at me and I e-mailed the white house about the problem  (cause I'm an ass like that) I have been prescribed pain meds when I didn't need them plenty of times - didnt't take them - my soon to be ex- did - but .... that's beside the point (you know the story)  some of the NEW diseases are all ligit , Many of them are crap from the Bush era for pharmacutical exploitation and money , money , money , hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... any way , I gotta go play football with my kid before he like freaks out on me or something , more on this later thoug ............... have agood night , reply though , I'll be lookin fer yer reply ....... night

Hey Starme, I do not point the finger at government or the pathetic officials in office. I do however, have a problem where only ONE foolish survey makes a claim, and then lifestyles become slightly altered due to the results. It's B.S.!

yeah, me too, but one commercial can do that to , ever see the ones about meds , that say ask your doc if this is right for you, I quit wathcing tv for one reason every time a comercal comes on its for some kind of medication - but - there are alot of foolish people out there that believe everything they hear - take the wal-mart comercials for instance - lowest prices my ass - but - people believe what what they hear - I guess that is why - since all those ads have come out for all those new drugs over this past decade - more and more people  are strung out

As for your reference to Wal-mart, the store is the best and lowest prices against those who are competing with them. wink At least in my area where I live. smile

o.k I'll accept that smile

2. Spacey Gracey profile image40
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you hurt your back in the UK - unless you were in agony or there was very good reason to think the spine was fractured - you wouldn't get an x-ray or MRI until you'd had the problem for maybe 6 months+ - gotta say I prefer it that way - don't want to be having too many unneccesary xrays or pills.

Like what you are saying about all the new diseases. In the end we will get to the stage where everyone has been diagnosed with something.

Hey Spacey, approximately 75% of American are already on legal or illegal drugs.

How pathetic is that? wink big_smile

comes from all the ads for them from the bush erra - and yes, it is seriously pathetic - I - however don't take anything stronger than an advil and an occasional glass of wine smile

So far, I have been able to reduce the amount time I go to doctors and the amount of pills I take. I also have had no need to be on any particular type of pain killer, in years.

However, I do and only use Advil presently for most aches. wink

5. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Yes we had to completely and, "fundamentally transform", the entire health-care system to address Madicaid and Madicare fraud.

Yeah.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oooooooooo, slipped back down to a 1 did we?

6. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Its called having a life outside of sitting at my computer in a robe unshaven all day on hub-pages... as some on here do.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And now you are more appropriately designated as #2. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)