jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How to link Amazon Products to Hubs???

1. 4wardthinker profile image81
    4wardthinkerposted 7 years ago

I just got started on hubpages and I am trying to post amazon books and products on my first hub. I've looked everywhere and made several attempts but haven't figured it out. I'm missing something. Does anyone have suggestions? Help!

1. liljen23 profile image72
      liljen23posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello 4wardthinker when you are in edit mode on your hub, go to "add a capsule" and it displays Amazon click on it and it should lead you to making a title for it and the keywords or product number you want to use to pull up your product.. After that you should be able to add it. If you need some more help, go to:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#capsule

Hope this helps and Welcome to HP..

4wardthinkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the help! Got it figured out, but you confirmed that I was in the right place. I wasn't setting it to "text only" when getting the link from amazon. It took me awhile to find my question, too. Still learning the navigation tools.

2. jasoncox83 profile image75
      jasoncox83posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Where you would add in another text block, instead of text insert an amazon module, and there ya go smile

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Yep, use amazon capsules.  There is a lot of help available in the FAQ section for setting up your affiliates.

Thanks for the info!

3. blbhhdcn profile image60
    blbhhdcnposted 7 years ago

you need to apply to become an afiliate first on amazon. Then follow their instructions.

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Also, use 'text' links rather than codes or html smile once pasted into your amazon capsule..it autogenerates the ISBN code and displays. Don't forget to Save. Capsules can be moved with the green arrow keys and use the 'Reorder Now' button to save your settings.

Good advice! It was exactly what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the help!

5. earner profile image88
    earnerposted 7 years ago

I was an Amazon Associates affiliate, so put my ID into hubs about 3 years ago, when I first joined.

I've never seen any sales.... I've even removed lots of Amazon units from my hubs because of this.

Only 2 days ago though, I discovered that to get paid out from Amazon Units in hubs, you need to have joined the US Amazon Associates programme.  They run separate ones per country - how annoying!

So, only this morning I have joined the US Amazon Associates programme and hope things will change/improve.  Once signed up, you get your ID straight away, but a note to say it's 1-3 days before they approve you.

I hope that helps somebody smile

working