Amazon order not showing up in my account

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 8 years ago

    Today, someone I know ordered a book I showcased on one of my hubs (in the amazon capsule). When I go to my amazon associates account I do not see any orders for today's date. I know that the person ordered some other things on amazon after placing the book from my hub to the shopping cart. Does that void the order (for the book from my hub) and mean I won't get paid for it, or does it simply take time for the order to show up on my account? I do see clicks for today's date already so I would assume the order should show up right away. Please help.

    Lena

    1. sunforged profile image73
      sunforgedposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      check tomorrow after 10 am est - sales stats update only once a day

  2. lrohner profile image79
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

    HubPages owns 40% of the impressions and you own 60%. It's possible that they made the purchase during one of HP's impressions.

  3. Cyber Scribe profile image67
    Cyber Scribeposted 8 years ago

    Does HubPages get a share of Amazon money? I thought they only got a share of Google money.

    1. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      I thought they got a share of the google money only. But maybe I am wrong. Though I hope they don't get a share of the amazon money as this would be my first sale.

      lena

  4. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 8 years ago

    They get a share of all impressions, not the money you earn.

    Instead of thinking about it as splitting the money, thinking of it as partial ownership.  6 times out of 10, when a page loads everything on there belongs to you.  4 times out of 10 the page belongs to someone else (either HubPages or whoever your referral is).

    You can do what you want with the content, but Hubpages gets to be co-owners as long as it is published on their site.

    1. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      Hubpages wants to earn money too so it makes sense for them to not give us hubbers 100% of adsense impressions, but then we are missing out on clicks and potential earnings, which I wish wasn't so.

      Lena

  5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 8 years ago

    Hubpages take 4 out of every 10 impressions on all advertising platforms.

    Amazon is updated once daily.  The sale still may have been made in Hubpages share of impressions.

    Also check Amazon ToS for reasons an order may nto have been credited to you!

    1. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      So if someone orders a product I post in my hubs via amazon capsule, the money could end up going to hubpages?

      Lena

      1. Randy Godwin profile image92
        Randy Godwinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

        Yes!  If someone buys during HP's 40% time period it will go to them.  This is one reason I would like to know exactly when my time is.  It's easy to find out from Google Ads, but I don't know if you can tell this about the Amazon ads.

        It would be nice if you could tell your friends when they could buy from your hubs and therefore earn you a few bucks.

        1. thisisoli profile image71
          thisisoliposted 8 years agoin reply to this

          Just create an amazon astore for them smile

          I know a guy who made a fortuen by going from village to village setting up Amazon a stores for each local newspaper and giving them 50% of the profits.

      2. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 8 years agoin reply to this

        Yes, 60% chance an amazon order will be allocated to you, 40% chance it will be allocated to hubpages

  6. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 8 years ago

    Once the item ships your earnings for that item will show!!!

    Unless it wasn't your affiliate link that made the referral!

  7. lakeerieartists profile image75
    lakeerieartistsposted 8 years ago

    If the order was placed today, it won't show up as an order on Amazon until tomorrow.  They are always one day behind.

  8. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 8 years ago

    http://hubpages.com/faq/#revenue

    Basically 60% of the time you get impressions and 40% goes to hubpages. The above link explains that as well as percentages given for referrals. smile

 
working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)