jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Unpublish a Hub

1. Jai Warren profile image78
    Jai Warrenposted 7 years ago

What exactly happens when you unpublish a Hub? I have major revisions that I want make on one of my older Hubs. Should I just edit or unpublish?

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Depends on how old it is and how much traffic its getting. If it has less than 30 page views per month then delete and start over. Incorporate your keyword into the url and title and be sure to add all the elements that make a good hub: multiple pictures, videos, rss or news feeds, etc.

2. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just edit it.

1. 2uesday profile image84
        2uesdayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jai, I think he is saying just edit for a reason. I think I have read that the older a hub is the better it is for search engine traffic. You cannot change the URL but you can change the title and edit the article.

Alternatively you could just unpublish it while you edit it or work on the new one. I have unpublished hubs and the Hubscore has still risen while they have been unpublished not sure how it affects the SEO though. Ignore this if you get better advice though.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Oh yea, the unpublish button does not delete the hub it just makes it unavailable to others.

3. Jai Warren profile image78

Thanks Guys. I think I'm going to unpublish and re-publish. Kind of an experiment to see what happens with performance.

1. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No point in unpublishing, it just means that there is more chance it will drop off the google search results.

2. nicregi profile image63
      nicregiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jai.

I think you can just unpublish it but all depends on yourself. I usually just edit it instead of redoing or unpublish it.

4. Jai Warren profile image78

Thanks everyone! I made the revisions and re-published it. So far so good... Ciao!

working