jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Traffic signicantly falling

1. David 470 profile image84
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I thought I was doing good, but my traffic has continued to fall lately. It seems a lot of my hubs get 0 views a day, but certain ones will go up to 30. I sent multiple back links to every hub and interlinked a lot of them. I am determined to continue writing, but I feel I have failed by some degree.

I would like to keep my moral as high as possible, but I feel that if I continue to write I am going to have hubs that do not do well consistently and only some do pretty good. I don't know If I should focus on writing more or sending "more" backlinks". I want to succeed I just feel I am potentially doing or not doing something. I know I can get more traffic, but I feel I could do better than I am currently or better than I will in the future.

Any suggestions on dead hubs? (At least I think some are dead lol)

David 470posted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Significantly falling"

1. muratos profile image61
        muratosposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I have the opposite situation and my traffic is increasing on a constant rate on HP. Some hubs fall, some raise but overall situation looks positive to write more smile

I would suggest taking more backlinks to your under-performing hubs. Backlinks will not affect in a short term, but by time, you will notice the difference.

My strategy is to write above average quality hubs and getting a few backlinks on "not crowded" niches and "exact" products. This generally brings very targeted traffic and I have around 8% Amazon conversions smile

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Have you looked at the traffic graph on your profile?   It looks to me like overall your traffic is actually increasing.

Not every hub is going to be successful.  You can try adjusting the title or promoting it a bit more, but I think your time would be better spent studying the common factors in your hubs that were successful, and making more hubs like those.

3. ofmelancholy profile image69
      ofmelancholyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

you are not alone, 23 hubs and daily 15,20 views at total. I'm still writing. Some say by time things improve.

2. WillGrander profile image73
    WillGranderposted 7 years ago

Note that your own views count in your total pageview count. So perhaps as you were writing, editing, etc. your hub you were artificially inflating your views. This could explain some of the discrepancy, perhaps.

Even when I am logged in? I know I get traffic from hubpages, but some hubs used to have organic traffic and have fallen. (as far to my knowledge)

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Traffic ebbs and flows like the tide. It was mentioned before by Relache (I think-maybe Marissa? smile ) that it could also depend on the season. I wouldn't fret too much. big_smile

Yeah I suppose, I am just going to keep writing and sending backlinks even if it pushes me into the ground.  I will not stop and will not give up. Hopefully my ongoing efforts will pay off. Need to set some goals next would be 200 hubs, but under what time constraint i will have to evaluate.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Joys of time management tongue lol I know, lol. Just pick a day or two for a hub, another day or two for promoting, another for reading and commenting, another for 'other'. big_smile really helps to set a rhythm and still have fun. smile

working