jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Duplicating Articles on HubPages and Constant Content

1. jwsc101 profile image60
    jwsc101posted 7 years ago

Hi, I recently signed up to Constant Content as this seems to offer scope for slightly higher one-off payments and some passive income as well.

I just wondered whether

a) has anyone else used it, did/do you make much money; and

b) did you duplicate articles across from Hubpages?

I've written a hub about Constant Conent if you haven't come across it before.

Thanks

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

Have you read the terms regarding duplicate content? It isn't forbidden, but it is discouraged and penalized.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Edit:  Constant Content allows duplicate content (although you have to use the same author name for both versions of the article), but HubPages does penalize duplicate content

I wouldn't post Hubs elsewhere anyway, I wouldn't want to risk the other version of my article outranking my Hub.

I am a member at CC but found the submission process so annoying, I've never actually published anything there!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

Even if you published here first, it does not sound optimal if you ask me, cf. CC's license:

"I understand that in submitting my articles/work to constant content I will retain the copyrights to all my work, but I will allow purchasers a license to use my work on designated websites only. Work may be purchased by additional users, unless my work falls under the Unique Purchase Package. I understand that work purchased with a Unique or Full Rights purchased can not be published or sold else where. If any article purchased with a "Unique" or "Full Rights" license is found published else after a sale, you will be responsible for giving Constant Content a full refund for the article purchased."

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

The way I read Rochelle, she was referring to HubPages' rules concerning duplicate content. But there should be no problem with penalties in case the content was published on HubPages first.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

D'uh thanks, WE, I edited my response accordingly!

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are very welcome, Marisa.

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I did a variant of this for a long time with plenty of success.

Constant-Content: Maximizing Content Revenue

Since you can sell different licenses for your content, you can post non-unique content that you own to CC -

HP Dupe Filters wont go off - CC does not post articles, only snippets. If you get a sale or request you can make a decision about whether the Hub should be pulled, changed, rewrote etc. based on the license sold.

Obviously the buyer will be reposting to the net and at that point dupe filters could trigger.

If your hub is not showing a potential to beat the 20-40 usd price range that is not uncommon at CC, then why not sell it!

6. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I've sold several articles on CC, including some for $200 each.

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Im sure that was for 'unique" rights.

But well done! Thats still quite a return for articles at any site!

So as not to confuse any future readers - the average "20-40" sale price would be for usage only or rights to non-unique content. In response to point b from the OP.

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Right - those were for unique rights. Thanks, SF!

working