365DC Looking for a Partner!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Cordale profile image72
    Cordaleposted 13 years ago

Hello, I am relatively new here to Hubpages but am falling in love with it and you people who don't even know me. I am refraining from posting on the forums until I believe I have the wisdom and understanding to provide accurate material instead of just my opinion.

Back to what I made this topic for.. I have noticed some serious income and practice being made by people who are trying this 30DC and 60DC, and my logical thinking was how absolutely wonderful would a 365DC get me? How drastically cool would it be to embark on this kind of journey. As I was thinking about how much this would benefit me, I was thinking it would be cool for someone or a group of people who would like to embark on this with me!

if I could gather some troops for this hub invasion I was thinking we could start a blog on our experiences and help each other out when needed and just see where it could take us.

Anyone interested? Feel free to post below or shoot me an email!

Thanks! smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

And, please do not take this the wrong way, but I reviewed just a couple of your hubs, for which, were your latest work...and I'm not too sure you even understand what YOU are doing here?

I only say that because of your hubs are the size and make of blogs. HubPages is not a blogging site. A "Hub" page is an article that is about magazine size in length.

That means, every article written should be about 400+ words or more. To be really effective, it should be even longer than that, something like 1000+ words or more.

I would suggest, before you embark on a 365DC type of event, you bring yourself to the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread and have some of your hubs critique. It is the one forum thread where you are allowed to post links to get advice, so as to improve on writing here at HubPages.

The only type of "Hub" writing that will not be considered "substandard" is work related to poems or poetry. For the simple fact that writing poems/poetry is a professional and creative process, which is in-line with HubPages' platform and use.

It is important that you understand and realize, that you do not know as much as you need to know and have much to learn about the best way to utilize HubPages' platform.

There are many veteran writers who will back up what I have said and will be willing to offer you assistance, providing you are actually into self-improvement.

I'm not in a position to take on a 365DC type work at this point, because I'm presently taking part in a 60DC event now. And, to be honest, a 365 Day Challenge would require too much focus on too many areas, for it to be effective.

That's just my thoughts on it. But, I do hope you really do enjoy your time here at HubPages.

Have a great day! smile

3. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

smile

welcome, and cagsil really does mean what he says, for what it's worth

glad your here

4. Cordale profile image72

Kind of a mood-killer to be honest, but i am sure it is effective advise! I was told to keep them from 500-800 words, write about stuff you know a lot about and that people want to hear,don't post a picture in the first paragraph so an ad appears and promote a tad bit for a few backlinks.

With this knowledge I cannot succeed? I am always up for new stuff but I was just getting my rythm down and it hurts to know that the hubs aren't looking to good. haha

5. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I think some people write shorter hubs and that's fine. I've seen plenty of shorter hubs written by Paul Edmondson (CEO, and others. I checked out some of your hubs and they give good advice, like how to use glove oil, which doesn't require 1000 words.
    Paul has a series of very helpful hubs and he does know what he is talking about.

keep reading and learning, the learning center is full of info. and to be honest, I know there are HubPages ads out there to blog here. Jason recently had an interview that helps bloggers understand how to write here.
    http://www.blogherald.com/2010/08/27/al … n-menayan/

sure you can succeed! it takes a while to find your groove and if you keep reading and observing, you'll decide what works best for you. smile

EDIT, http://hubpages.com/hub/Evergreen_Content

6. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Hub length varies as do results.  There is no hardcore definitive answer for "THE" best way to go about things in order to generate maximum profits.  Learn all you can, try various things, keep what works for you, throw out the rest. 

I've participated in 7 or 8 (lost count) 30DC, all with great success.  A 365DC is a bit intimidating for me, but I work full-time in addition to writing here.  Someone who has the time might find it fun and challenging.  Good luck to you.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

a 365DC could actually be a way to track the learning process on how to make money with Hubpages. It generally takes a year for people to start seeing earnings on here, if people tracked how they progressed, it could increase their ability to earn from future hubs.

8. Cordale profile image72

Hey Oli, thanks for the first piece of 'go for it' advise! haha. So maybe just start it up and gradually learn day to day what works and by the end be a so called expert? And it should probably get the attention of others. I was just thinking it would be fun to have the experience with ya know?

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you do decide to create a 365 day challenge you should definitely make a plan. You will want to create a series of goals, including creating hubs, improving hubs and going back and redoing Hubs after you have learned a few things.

Before attempting to do one of these challenge yourself though, I would definitely suggest giving the 60DC a shot, since it helps you learn not only how to create money making Hubs, but also how to drive traffic to them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)