jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

How to get more views?

1. Traqqer profile image72
    Traqqerposted 7 years ago

What is the number one thing you have done that you feel has help to get more traffic to your hub(s)?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

1. Backlinks (which I rarely do, but I have one today that has given me 33 so far on one hub.) 
    2. Stumble and those things can give you a bunch, but they are short duration and don't usually result in income.
    3. Posting in forums and commenting on the hubs of others gets HubPages views-- again, not income.
    4. Good searchable keywords for Google, etc.
    ....( and I need about 44 more to have a total of 100,000 views ... but who's counting? smile )

Traqqerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can you give me an example of how to do a backlink?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Others may do it differently-- I sent the url to a webmaster (someone I know) and asked him if he would like to post a link to my hub, since it was related to a subject he was covering. He did.

Traqqerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

OK, got it. I should have just done a Google search on the topic. I just assumed it was placing links on other sites I may have created or on posts to some threads. It's really anything and everything where I can post a link to my articles/hubs. I tried doing this on some forums a few years ago and learned the hard way that it can get you banned permanently from those sites.

Thanks for the info.

2. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And if you do not know the webmaster, be specific.  Tell them exactly where your link would be appropriate on their site.  Show that you understand what their site is about and why your page makes sense for their readers.   And don't offer to return the favor - people who send me link trading offers get deleted from email instantly.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
            Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this one covers news, events and other feature stories about our county. The fair is this weekend, so I sent a link to the story I wrote about last year's fair.  I have written for his site in the past, as well.
            Ten views to go to 100K! big_smile

working