How frequently do you publish? Do you have a system?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

I have heard a few theory's of timing benefits for publishing.  ie;  several benefits come with publishing at the same time between publishing ie; once every four days.

Re your methods to just publish when you think of a topic you find interesting.

Are there benefits to publishing everyday?  ie; the more, the quicker, the better

At what frequency do we burn out some followers?  Too frequent publishing, Topics just too depressing, topics just far overdone, or like I feel, a true follower doesn't tire.

Can you please let me know what is you strategy or schedule for publishing, and how that effects your account, and also your inspiration,  if does so

Very much appreciate it, if this makes sense.

Cheers

2. Benjimester profile image90
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

I definitely get more comments when I publish only once every few days, but since I have so much going on, I just write and publish when I have the time.  I think you're right about burning people out when you post too often about subjects that are either too ranting or depressing.  I don't notice any big difference in overall traffic depending on the times and how often I publish.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank you so much Ben, I'll be by to get burnt out too smile

appreciate you responding!

3. Pcunix profile image93
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I publish when I am done writing a hub. I start writing it when I have something to say.

No schedule. No pressure.  I usually have plenty to say, but sometimes I don't.  It is tharpt simple for me.

1. profile image0

Pcunix wrote:
      I publish when I am done writing a hub. I start writing it when I have something to say.

No schedule. No pressure.  I usually have plenty to say, but sometimes I don't.  It is tharpt simple for me.

thanks Pcunix,

I can totally relate and work best this way.  I have 31 hubs in progress.  Idea are so often I start a hub right away, and finish it later

The only downfall is I end up working too much on them instead of what I should be working on, like comments!

cheers

smile

2. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I have no set pattern - or even a system. At times I'm prolific, others sporadic. I'm (now) more likely to write for the purpose of turning my words into $'s. I also have other accounts, that are purely commercial.

Having said that, I still publish hubs that are a pleasure to write, less work - more hobbyist. I don't know whether others like that I do that, I just know that writing for the sheer enjoyment of it beats any other form of writing.

Oh yeah ... and I still pay the same attention to my hubs, whatever they're written for smile

1. profile image0

cool  Thanks F  big_smile

3. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

I have 1 unpublished hub that I have written. I am not going to write any more hubs. I am happy with what I wrote and see if it will become a 1 hit wonder. I give my deepest gratitude to the staff of hubpages to let my hub stay on here. It is not published because it is too short but I have written what was neccessary and stopped because any more writting will take away the quality of my hub. For me quality is my number 1 issue for my writting. Thank you. Go in peace.

4. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Some days I can do from 5-8. Other times I might do one for the week.

I find doing a big group stops me wondering about the numbers - when you do a handful, usually at least one starts to get google hits within the first 12-24 hours (or most of mine do, anyway.)

I don't really care about the followers - yes it's nice to have them - but I want the google hits.

So the more I can write - the better!

5. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years ago

I'm trying to stick to a system I've started of releasing 3 hubs within a couple days then not releasing another few until I have completed some solid back linking work on all 3. This I'm guessing will be taking me about a the better part of 5 days to complete so I'd say 3 a week is going to be a good number for me.If you don't do any strong back linking work then I would say it's really does not matter how often you kick them out,the more the merrier.

1. profile image0

Thanks a ton Benjamin, sounds like a really cool pattern to me!  Let me know if you can if you are seeing consecutive increase in numbers over time

cheers

big_smile

6. Ben Evans profile image65
      Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

I have published a total of around 30 hubs in 2 years.  That is not much at all.   I am going to try to change my ways, though.  I have until now just basically publish mostly creative writing hubs.  Unfortunately these types of hubs don't do well on HP.  Some other non creative writing hubs that I have, even ones that may not be written that well, often get 10 times the visitors.

I am going to document through hub pages and blogs my learning of "creating an online presence".  If I write often, I am hoping I will gain a lot of traction.

The one thing that I would suggest is that you just start writing and polish what you write as you get better (maybe you are already good but I find that often I don't want to publish because I want what I write to be perfect).  That is at least what I am doing.  I know that my writing skills outside of creative writing need to be improved so I am going to start publishing and see what happens.  I also need to gain skills that deal with layout and how the overall hub appears to others.  I have a ton to say and I know you do also so just write about it.  I was very tentative also but I will give that up and try to produce many more hubs and see what happens.

1. profile image0

It's funny Ben, Last year I could do a hub a day no problem, but it is within my personality to stress my self out so I published 130 and had another 40 unpublished ready to go.

I vowed when I came back [oo a whole week later ha] I would publish at a pace I could manage.  11 hubs in 5 months before would have been embarrassing.  Now, I really do write for me, and to some as stated followers aren't important the numbers are, and I agree if you are writing to make a lot of money, having said that my priorities lye within my followers, their dedication is support I could never repay

Thanks Ben,

Kimberly

7. frogdropping profile image77

Actually - I'd get with prolific right now if certain apsects of working online would actually work. Like my internet connection for e.g.

*grumble grumble*

I need to think of reasons to be cheerful ...

1. profile image0

That I didn't pee my pants today?

wwwwwwooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooo!

1. profile image0

now you made me, damn [runs in weird closed legs at the top kinda way to ladies [skanks]  room......***********************

*note to self *make Mega have a mega pee accident in her pants today*

Oh thank you kindly for sharing Mega, right on top pric

xo

8. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years ago

I just did!

1. profile image0

are you over 40, have a question, probably not roll

9. profile image0

fyi talking on topic about frequency, mega made me have to pee and if frog stopped hopping all over the place I have an issue needing validation, so get back here or your dinner   eeeeewwwww couldn't buddy swear!  big_smile

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

miaow?  translat. "I beg your pardon?"  I made YOU pee?  no, dear girl, other way around.  And I don't appreciate it because I was headed out to have lunch with my daughter and I had to change my pants!  Still, its ok to laugh.  But see, lately I've been coughing, and I have this bad habit of waiting to long - then I cough, and have to run change.  Or else I would smell bad all day.  can't have that.  Yes, I'm over 40, how much over 40 I will not say on account of people would feel sorry for me!!

I'm not retired yet though.   Bladders wear out in some people in their 20s - I've had this weak bladder thing since way back in the day when I was in high school, even!  My best friends remember that everytime they made me laugh I had to run to the bathroom!  great to be remembered for that, eh!  smile

10. frogdropping profile image77

I'm dinner? hmm

11. Misha profile image65
      Mishaposted 13 years ago

Yeah, I do. By the seat of my pants wink

1. kmackey32 profile image63
        kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)