Has AdSense Gone Slow For You?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Yesterday and today is really slow for me in respect of AdSense revenue.

My impressions are still there, but CTR and eCPM have fallen significantly.

I have been told that it is common for the value of certain topics to fall towards the end of the month as major advertisers usually set aside monthly marketing budgets.

In other words, revenues can fall off at the end of a month and then pick up again at the start of the month.

Im not talking massive falls in revenue, so defo not smartpriced, but about 25%-30% for the past two days. That said, record number of Amazon page views yesterday, so maybe people were in a shopping mood to coincide with end of month paydays?

How have your past couple of days been?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just fine.  I tend to gauge things in terms of performance across weeks or months, not days.  Earnings wind up looking much more steady taken at that scale.

My overall earnings just surpassed 2009's total, and that's still with the 4th quarter to go.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In that case many congrats smile

This has actually been a very successful month for me, first one over $1000 on AdSense.

I am on $1404 for the month in total, including Amazon.com. I was hoping to pip $1500, hence the suspense and frequent checking.

The likelyhood now is slim, but two days ago it looked as if I would manage it smile

1. viryabo profile image94
          viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ryan! WOW!!!

1. profile image0

My intention is to double that, $3000. That is my target.

1. viryabo profile image94
              viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats awesome Ryan. I'll say TRIPLE WOW!!!.

You are really worthy of emulation as i've always known. smile

1. profile image0

I prefer it when people do not emulate me, and neither will they become successful if they attempt it. The way to make money is to be as original as possible with your ideas. I have had enough of 'emulation'.

1. IzzyM profile image88
                  IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aw come on...she meant she wants to be like you, not that she wants to copy your hubs!

1. profile image0

My bad sad

Apologies viryabo, touchy subject wink

2. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Revenue wise my months start was amazing until around the 15th things gradually started dropping slightly, was getting between £5-10 a day now between £3-6. Impressions are the same so I wonder....

3. Winterfate profile image94
    Winterfateposted 13 years ago

I earn between 0.06 and $1 a day or so. The fact it fluctuates is maddening. :'(

4. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

I have discovered that it's very hard to track patterns with my particular hubs...but I would say that earnings have been average for me. For example, they are a little bit above or around the average that I get when I divide my month earnings by 29 days. I guess that is an acceptable method to base my average earnings on.

Every once in a while I get smart priced, but it goes away after a few days. This seems to happen randomly!

5. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I have heard that end of month theory many times, but have never noticed it myself. This week is running a little lower than last, but the last week of August was sharply up and July was dead flat.

After 7 years of this, all I can say with certainty is that sometimes it's up and sometimes it's down.

That's real helpful, I'm sure smile

6. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 13 years ago

Hmm...while initially I wasn't making much, my earnings are exponentially growing month-to-month, but I'll take a looksee and report back if I notice anything..

7. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Well mine grow month-to-month as well, I am just talking about the last couple of days. But then I guess that I was just hopeful of a nice little run in, I was close to breaking a target which I probably won't break now unless I get very lucky with Amazon when I check tomorrow.

Anyway, like pcunix said, ups and downs wink

8. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I'm glad you brought this up ryankett! Yesterday and today has been low for me also.

The clicks are still there, but the amount per click is very low. Like 2 to 5 cents per click. Normally mine are 50 cents to 3 bucks! hmm

1. profile image0

It feels like I am missing a few big clicks a day too. You know what, I bet I am correct... a few pots have run dry for September. I wouldn't be suprised if businesses are awaiting the Xmas rush before launching an offensive, they all have budgets at the end of the day.

9. Sunny Robinson profile image69
    Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years ago

I was noticing similar things with my revenue.  I got a sharp increase on one hub, but that's about it.  Overall, page impression stays the same or gets a little more.  I still get pretty decent page impressions and some cents off of it, but what I earn from that has dropped a lot.

10. gracenotes profile image90
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

Yes, the end of the month has not been good on Adsense.  And I just beat my August earnings, but only by a penny.  But wait!  We still have tomorrow, Sept. 30.  Big whoop.

11. McConnell Group profile image68
    McConnell Groupposted 13 years ago

To be honest Sept. is on pace to be my best month yet, month over month I've had an 11% improvement

I would also think the coming season will bring people inside again and thus raise traffic and click.

12. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Mine's been happening for about a week. 'Ups and downs' is what i want to believe too.

13. hoppingmad profile image40
    hoppingmadposted 13 years ago

not so good - i rely more on SEO than SEM

14. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

It's definitely slower now than the start of the month (had my best day of over $5 at the start, now getting $1-3/day.)

I'm checking all the time too, Ryan! I am $2.58 from payout and hope to make it this month....

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never even got started in the first place.................... sad

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'll get there! smile

1. sofs profile image76
          sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reassurance, needed it !!

15. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

I've seen many people are complaining about the adsense amounts...
    Well, the variation or the low adsense earning is usually due to low click rates.
    I have seen people who work on Business and Educational keywords and get high rates.
    Even 100$ a day is not a big deal for those who make some research on their content, keyword and website or blog.

Hope this will help you upto some extent. But I can bet, if a person is willing to earn and has intentions to do then... 1000$ to 5000$ is possible. No hard nuts are needed... just have to work out on your site/blog.

Regards,

khmohsin

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The OP is already earning in the hundreds a month - and is good at keyword research.

It also takes time and work.

16. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

By the way, my yesterday was a little higher than average for the month: $36.86 vs. $29.27 on average.

That's just Adsense. Chitika added another whopping $1.32, book sales were $14.95 and Affiliate sales were $14.64.

So that's a total of $67.77 for the next to the last day of the month - so if there is any truth to the end of the month being lower, I don't see it.

1. profile image0

My day recovered and ended up above average.

1. Bill Manning profile image69
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm still seeing low clicks, not sure why. But this month will be my best ever for adsense, so I can't complain. smile

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And today is also off to a strong start, over $17 at noon, and that is just Adsense.

I think September will finish strongly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)