jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Hubscore of 1!

1. MeGunner profile image60
    MeGunnerposted 6 years ago

Hello everyone. Was whinning today that my hubscore has been oscillating between 90 and 94, but I just saw a hubber with 1 hubscore! Well, I know hubscore is basically for your morale but 1? How come?

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

At least they might get to have a number 2 and relieve themselves if constipated!

2. katiem2 profile image57
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

They must not have created anything, maybe joined just to comment on other hubs, thinking the needed to in order to comment.  Who knows but thats a none committed score for sure.  Peace smile

3. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 6 years ago

This is not an uncommon occurrence, and it's a sign of extremely poor quality.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/52302

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/48859

1. katiem2 profile image57
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey relache, Have I told you I love your new avatar, well not so new now but you know....

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
        Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Each to their own, but I preferred the old Relache. The new one is scary!

2. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  4. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago

I've seen a few hubbers with very low scores and they are usually just people who comment and don't write. Some of my friends signed up to comment not realising they didn't have to and haven't bothered to delete their accounts.

1. IzzyM profile image87

yes that is true, but most of the hubbers I have seen with a 1 hubscore is because they copy/paste other people's work.

1. nikmaya62 profile image46
        nikmaya62posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is it true if we just comment on other hubbers and don't create a hub our score will be decreased until 1? I just experience the problem, I've write 34 hubs, but my followers is still 16. I want more followers and I just want to optimize my hubs first, before i continue to create another hubs.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure about that, although since authorscore is based in a large way on hubscore, I'm assuming writing no hubs would keep it pretty low. As mentioned above, I think you can only get a 1 when you're almost at the point of being banned for poor content.

Just a warning: You have a sexual hub. It's probably advisable to disable adverts on it, since it's possible to lose your adsense account for this - it's against their ToS. I've flagged it.

By the way, hubscore and followers don't much influence outside the site. External visitors from google and yahoo bring in the dollars.

So What should I do?? Should I continue to wtite more hubs or just optimize my recent hubs so that I get more traffic.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I would do both smile

Thanks IzzyM

5. shazwellyn profile image81
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I come across a spammer with a 1 - that is probably why she was a 1! lol

6. salt profile image60
    saltposted 6 years ago

Well, its better than O and theres always room to improve.

7. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

before 2 days my hubscore was 74, and i was not worried about it. But after spending my weekend in some journey when i came back to check the hubscore... I am really shocked...
    Its only 63 and .. i know till evening it will get 60 sad
    Why score fall so rapidly.. how to retain that score.

1 is really the start... smile with no activity hubscore gets down so rapidly... it should not get down so rapid as it is right now sad

1. shazwellyn profile image81
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you been spamming to get traffic?  i.e. had a sudden increase in traffic?

8. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

yeah, a score of 1 is just insulting...they should write something or make some good comments on here.
    Don't waste time and annoy other members with self promotion or spamming

working