jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

adsense site diagnostics

1. gogetter profile image57
    gogetterposted 9 years ago

I have a robots.txt file error.  I've gone the adsense help file and was offered this advice:

How do I grant access to your crawler?
    If you would like to grant our crawler access to your pages, you can do so without granting       permission to any other bots. Simply add the following two lines of text to the top of your robots.txt file:

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google*
    Disallow:

This change will allow our crawler to index the content of your site and provide you with the most relevant Google ads for that content.

But I'm not sure how to do this?  Can anyone offer some help?

2. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Googlebot roams freely on HubPages already - no special code required.

Jenny

3. gogetter profile image57
    gogetterposted 9 years ago

It is a hubpage url that is giving this error - so is there a possibly a problem with hubpages' code at the moment hence the error?

4. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

The error message will go away by itself. You don't have to do anything. smile

Best Regards

5. Karen Ellis profile image60
    Karen Ellisposted 9 years ago

I just posted a new hub and no adsese ads show up.  I checked to make sure the two little boxes were checked and the ads are on High.  Can anyone give me help on this or are there problems all around?

6. Karen Ellis profile image60
    Karen Ellisposted 9 years ago

I just posted a new hub and no adsese ads show up.  I checked to make sure the two little boxes were checked and the ads are on High.  Can anyone give me help on this or are there problems all around?

working