Hub Scores, HubKarma, HubPoints... What's The Point?

1. profile image0
    TransScribblerposted 7 years ago

Hi Fellow Hubbers!
    Since joining HP, I have been trying to work out how all these scores work or a calculated.
    Hub Scores, HubKarma, HubPoints, what's the point? I have read several explanations as to how these are determined, accrued, and so on and still have no understanding of it all whatsoever!
    In fact, I am tempted to ask someone to write a Hub explaining the Hubs explaining all these points.
    I would if I really cared about them. The reason that I became a Hubber, is to write, share my work with others, read their writing, and 'meet' people. If I earn a few points here and there, all is good and well. Even better if I earn a little cash through my Hubbing.
    But - and here is my point - I cannot help but feel that we are losing sight of the reason so many of us became Hubbers, and are too focussed instead on points, clicks, hits, earnings from advertisements, etc.
    Am I alone in this way of thinking? I doubt it, and certainly hope that I am not!

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So just do that, and ignore the scores.

2. sofs profile image84
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Transcribber you are right there is no point in worrying or focusing on Hubkarma or profile score or whatever.. You have stated that you joined HP because

"The reason that I became a Hubber, is to write, share my work with others, read their writing, and 'meet' people. If I earn a few points here and there, all is good and well."

wonderful way to start, why change focus now, good quality hubs will get you good results.
    Though profile score below 75 and hub score below 40 should worry anyone.. Keep hubbing and enjoy yourself at it!
    I feel that way too! And Welcome to HP!

working