jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What's The Deal With The Hub Scores?

1. sjmhmttep profile image34
    sjmhmttepposted 7 years ago

Ok, so here's the situation...

I had started an account along time ago here, then decided not to use it at the time, and even forgot I had it.  Then after having problems with my other site postings decided to start a new account here. 

On my original account I have 2 Hubs posted, and a hub score of 58.  On my new account I have published 63 hubs, and my hub score is a 1. Why is it 1? 

This makes no sense to me at all.  I do more work on the new site, and the old site has a couple of posts that are on my new site, but it has a higher score?  Why? 

Please, someone explain this to me, and suggest how I can fix my new site to have a higher hub score.

1. bayoulady profile image70
      bayouladyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You said you "have published" hubs. I copied a few lines into a search and it leads to other sites/other writers. I am NEW (just a few months) here myself, so I may be completely off, but  maybe the problem is copying and publishing copywrited material from other sites.Are you just publishing what you find, or writing your own material? Please don't take offense, I am just trying to help, but I think a score of one might be because of  a lot of copied hubs,  no interaction of the hubber within the site with other hubbers, etc.
      AS I said, i may be totally wrong,and hopefully someone will come along with better answers. That is the good thing about this community, they will help you!.

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
        MPG Narrativesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Like bayoulady I just checked out your site, is it all your own writing? If not, that is why your hubscore is so low. Don't just copy and paste other people's writing, write your own original work and you score will definitely go up.

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 7 years agoin reply to this

As hubscore doesn't depend upon no of hubs .Hubscore is calculated by no of visitors,uniqueness in content,amount of tariff and visitors response

2. WryLilt profile image80
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

I think the best answer is to read what hubpages has to say about it:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

Uh,oh.......the Aussies are awake and hubbing...time for me to go to bed!  \o/    yawn.....

1. WryLilt profile image80
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Haha goodnight to you. Although I usually only have about 8-10 hours break a day where I'm definitely not on HP. LoL

me too....never go to the other writing sites anymore!

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
            MPG Narrativesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What for, HP is so much better. Hope you slept well bayoulady.

3. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

The score is most likely result of dupe content - I read the beginning of one hub , and you mention a few other authors - so that may explain alegitimate reason for the returns teh other posters mentioned.

Why didn't I read the whole hub?

Your formatting is abysmal.

Those huge blocks of uninterrupted text don't cut it for online reading.

Not sure - you even have the formatting that would be acceptable for print.

Break up those chunks of text and create more white spaces and places for our eyes to breathe.

4. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 7 years ago

Make original materials and contribute to the community here then you will get good results.

working