jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Why are HP members being targeted by Reddit members?

1. ponx profile image82
    ponxposted 7 years ago

There was this member who recently left me a message on one of my posts in reddit saying that my link submission was a spam!

And I am not even submitting too many links in a day! (Just 2-3).... Has anyone experienced this?

1. profile image49
      MyPostingIDposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Reddit members are pretty militant.  Are you bookmarking there for traffic or are you doing it for backlinks?

If for traffic, I'm not sure I'd even bother if you are looking for Amazon/eBay sales or AdSense clicks.  Reddit traffic is notoriously crappy from a monetization standpoint.

To answer your question though, yes - I've seen it before.  Unless you are killing them with links, ignore it and continue on.

1. ponx profile image82
        ponxposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was primarily for traffic and backlinks. I don't know what may work so I am trying different options.

1. profile image49
          MyPostingIDposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My experience is that the traffic sucks from a conversion standpoint.  However, I still use it to help get my sites/hubs indexed quickly. 

Digg, Mixx, Reddit, and Twitter are my four favorite sites for getting indexed quickly.  For traffic, I rely almost exclusively on organic search rankings.

1. ponx profile image82

I started using Reddit pretty recently. Have been Twitter as well. Thanks for the other ideas! Will try them as well smile

2. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Two to three hubpages links a day?

That would be going too hard, in my opinion.

If you posted one or two a week and mix it up with links to other sites would be the smart way to do it.

1. ponx profile image82

Oh really? 2-3 a day is supposed to be that bad! I had no idea about that. Maybe should be more careful about posting links in reddit in that case.

2. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Did you read their FAQ to see how they define spam?  Or their "reddiquette" guide?

I just read both and I can easily see how submitting your own Hubs can get you branded a spammer on that site...

1. ponx profile image82

Nopes I did not but now that you tell me I shall go through them.

That's interesting though because I thought it was a site for submitting your own links. So whose links do you submit in that case?

working