jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Using your Hubs on other sites

1. Angel Scent profile image62
    Angel Scentposted 7 years ago

Is it permitted to use the Hubs I write here on any other similar sites? I think that would be a great idea to promote each topic written about on Hubpages. If this is permitted which sites are good to use?

1. relache profile image91
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why would you risk devaluing perfectly good content by doing that when writing something original would be so much better?

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Copying a Hub and pasting it on another site is a very ineffective way of promoting it.

What you can do is write a different article on the same topic, and include a link back to the Hub.

2. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 7 years ago

Many sites where you can submit your RSS feed to take each separate hub and assign them to their respective article topic categories thus being pretty much what you speak of at no fault of your own.

A couple of these sites are Zimbio and Twingly. I just started checking out Twingly so I've not had time to see what they do,but on Zimbio when a new Hub makes it to them through your feed they assign it for you and even ping all your works for you every so often.

Angel Scentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Explain to me what you mean by submitting the RSS feed. I'm new to this and I see the RSS Icon, but I don't know how to go about it.

1. profile image0
        BenjaminBposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you click on the subscribe to RSS feed in your profile or on one of your Hubs underneath your picture it will take you to a page that has whats called the RSS feed for your latest Hubs.

It's the URL of that page that you would use to submit to sites as your RSS feed.

Thanks Ben

3. 2uesday profile image81
    2uesdayposted 7 years ago

Angel Scent this does not answer your question but you may find it useful.

If you have a blog site you can add a widget to it that HubPages provide the code for.

The HubPages widget can show the titles of your latest or best Hubs and it updates automatically. The widget only displays the titles of your hubs not other hubber's pages.Hope that is of use even if it is not an exact answer to your question.

Thanks a lot 2uesday

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

Excellent replies so far!

5. Lady_E profile image80
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

I don't think it's a problem. I write on 2 other sites and if for example I write an Article about Anorexia, at the end of the article, I would include one link (URL) of one of my HP Hubs related to the same topic - for further reading.

To me I see it as increasing Traffic...

I'm guessing this is what you mean, otherwise ignore my comment.

Best Wishes.

Thanks Lady_E

working