jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Adding a Translation Widget

1. libra profile image57
    libraposted 9 years ago

What about the idea of adding a translation widget?

Although hugpages is only English language, I see there is some traffic from non-English speaking countries. A translation widget would help to attract more international traffic, despite the fact, as the saying goes, that much may get lost in the translation.

Do you think this is a viable option?

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Which country are you getting the traffic from?

3. Lissie profile image78
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Yeah Im curious too - Ive never seen significant traffic from non-English speaking countries.  There are heaps of translation engines on the internet -you just cut and paste in the results are generally dreadful

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

That is why I asked. I get a little traffic from France when I have written about a restaurant in France that no one else has done - I just added a French translation to the page.

And dribs and drabs from other places so I wondered where this foreign traffic was from.

5. libra profile image57
    libraposted 9 years ago

You are right, it is just dribs and drabs. I think a got a few visitors from Brazil and Italy.

But I was just thinking whether it would be useful as a way to generate more interest.

The translation engines' output is not  satisfactory - or at least I haven't seen one that does a decent job. But the reader using it will expect that.

working