jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How do you file a DMCA claim with google against a website?

  1. wesleycox profile image81
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

    http://orkuters.com this is the website in question.  You may want to head on over there and check to make sure your stuff isn't on there either.

    1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      See http://www.google.com/dmca.html

      And read it carefully.

  2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

    I would focus on sending the DMCA to the website which copied the content rather than to Google.

  3. wesleycox profile image81
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

    I am filing one with the website, but if they respond negatively then I'll file one with google.

  4. robbieb profile image53
    robbiebposted 7 years ago

    As others have noted, you generally would not go after Google, unless the website is actually hosted by Google, such as a blogspot blog or something.

    In other cases, you would need to contact the ISP/host of the website, who will in turn contact the website in question. Most have an abuse department where you can direct your DMCA/communications.

    In this case, the website is hosted by The Planet, which is in the US and fairly large, so you should have no problem dealing with their abuse dept...

    1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Not true.

      Google can revoke Adsense of the offender.

      I gave the Google link because that's what the OP asked for. I assumed she/he had contacted both the website and their host  first - and that seems to be the case. I have never had to go beyond the host  myself, but I would definitely bring in Google if they ignored me. (or if they run the site)

      1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        They don't run adsense, so I don't think Google is involved at all.

    2. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Personally I would start by contacting the owner of the blog/website - often that's enough.  Especially if I advise them that I'll report them to Google Adsense if they don't delete the offending article.

  5. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

    Wesley--Can you go in and edit your post so that the link is not live? Let's not help out the content thief, okay? smile

  6. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

    Big websites like snipsly will immediately remove the copied hubs, so when the webmaster is informed, they will take action immediately. In my case, they removed the copied article after two hours

    I am having difficulty with .cn sites, China,.they run adsense so I will file DMCA after one week more that they don't respond.