jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Msn ads - Sponsered Links - Placed at Highly visible are.

1. itech profile image57
    itechposted 6 years ago

I've noticed that hubpages is placing there sponsered links (Mostly Microsoft ad network) on the most visible areas...
    And Many times I've noticed 3 'sponsored ads' units running simultaneously on a hub...

I hope hubpages is not playing with writer's revenue which is 90:10 (Adsense) as stated in documentation.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Firstly, it is an impression share model, where you get 60% of the total impressions.

Secondly, hubpages can display whatever ads they want on their share of impressions.

1. itech profile image57
        itechposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Okay

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years agoin reply to this

hubpages share  with writer's revenue which is 60:40 (Adsense) as stated in documentation.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Ultimate Hubber is right.

During their 40% of impressions, hubpages experiment with a wide range of affiliates which would not be available on a user by user basis since each user doesn't have enough traffic.

However they have mentioned that in the future there may be a scheme to share some of the funds from high traffic requirement affiliates with hubbers, in the future.

There's always the chance that an affiliate will impress the team so much that they decide to add it to the member affiliate share as well. smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It would truly be a good thing if HP added other search engine ads into the mix. Starting with Bing, Yahoo, and Ask.

The increased competition would hopefuly boost ad revenue for everybody!smile

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure what you mean, people can come to HP from any search engine.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Paradigm, you do realize that google adsense and google search are COMPLETELY different entities, right?

Search engines send us traffic.

Advertisers place adverts to for traffic to click.

They are completely different - some search engines dabble in advertising as well but a lot of affiliates are not related in any way to search engines.

2. itech profile image57
      itechposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Wrylilt for the info...
      Hope, They will add new networks soon.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Bidding...?smile?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Bidding on keywords is done by advertisers...

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Why do I always have to spell things out here?smile

Forget it.smile

working