Traffic Dropped off Dramatically

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (26 posts)
  1. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

OK, did I do something wrong?  My traffic has dropped dramatically!  Is everyone just packing and cooking for the holiday?  Or did I do something wrong?

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cooking.  Traveling.

Also windy in some areas - power failure here half the day.

But my Adsense is decent today just the same, so a few thou are on line.

2. Milla Mahno profile image60
      Milla Mahnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When it happens to me, usually it is followed by a dramatic growth in traffic a week or two later, to higher levels than before the drop.

3. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My adsense has done well today and hopefully traffic hits 1100+.

Hopefully there won't be any power outages or were ****** hmm

2. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

Thank you!  I feared it was me!

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, we are going to blame you, but it is undeserved.

3. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

I've only been here about 8 weeks but from what I've experienced so far, some days are just a little "off..."  It might just be one of those days!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You've only been here 8 weeks? WoW I'm so used to seeing you on the forums I thought it was longer! And 149 hubs? Good going!

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, lots of credit I thought 67 was a respectable number. 150 though, thats great!

I'm sure it is just a bad day today, my views are down a little as well.

How many views are you averaging a day now Mikey?

And 67 is a good number. You're probably ahead of about 90% of the accounts on hubpages already - considering only about 15% have hubs at all and at least 30% or more of those must have less than 10.

14020 views The last 7 days, 1700 today.

I got a very trendy topic right now, the views will continue to go down, well it is at least what I inticipate. I haven't made any new hubs in a couple days.

Dayum! I'm averaging 1100 a day on this account, although they're mostly evergreen. You're beating me!

Well I got some trendy topics, I am sure the views will go down more either way I look at it. I just got a 75 cent click this morning, but usually I only get 5-10 cents per. $10 in the last 7 days.

Ah well at least I'm not totally beaten. I'm still outearning you. tongue

Looks like I'll clear $100 on Adsense for the month. big_smile

2. KristenGrace profile image61
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL thanks... Yeah, I've formed a slight addiction to HP. I enjoy both reading the forum threads and hubs... as well as creating hubs when I find the time!!
        Thanks for the credit to my hubs, but you figure a good majority (about 25) are dedicated to my novel, so those don't really count I suppose... tongue
        And I DO think 67 is a respectable number!

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow 150 hubs in that amount of time? Amazing. Thats like 75 per month at that rate

4. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

I expect it to get worse throughout the holiday season.. From what I gather though, this is typical.  I joined last January, so I haven't seen how things work while everyone's out shoppin' and what-not.

But yeah, I just assume that it's everyone getting ready for Turkey-Day.. big_smile

I know I am. big_smile big_smile

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Things get better through the holiday season, much better!

YOu might see a drop in traffic over thanksgiving itself, but not by much, and expect traffic to rise dramatically afterwards!

1. sabrebIade profile image81
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope so, cause today is a big drop.
      But yes, the US is getting ready for Turkey Day.
      I wonder about the rest of the world though.
      You know the internet is global...LOL

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
        MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The internet might be global but it is close to Christmas so everyone is busier at this time of year.

My traffic has dropped off too but I think that's due to the fact I haven't written a hub for a while (cause I'm too busy) LOL.

6. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Traffic drops can occur for a number of reasons, just strap in and ride the waves. One of my best dropped last week due to a slip in rankings but has regained position now

7. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Typical traffic for me on a Wednesday is about 10,000 Uniques. It's 8:00 pm and I have 8700 Uniques, so I don't think it is a particularly "off" day.

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

To everyone who hasn't gone through the holidays yet as a Hub author, or who did but is seeing something different this year:

Wild swings and bounces in traffic over holidays are nothing unusual.  People spend time with their families, go out partying or otherwise get distracted from the internet.

Storms and power outages also come into play. 

The smaller a data set you watch, the more erratic it will appear.  Look at weeks not days, or months not weeks.

9. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I don't see any difference. My traffic is very low with 10 to 20 visits per day.

10. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

My hub traffic always starts going down towards the end of the week, and then peaks again on Monday or Tuesday, so am seeing nothing unusual

11. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I guess I'm luckier than you guys because I only get traffic from Hubbers that I have posted to or otherwise hassled.  So by controlling my daily stalking activites in this way I am able to maintain a reasonable average of between 1 and 5 visits.  Storms and holidays don't really affect me, if I notice at midday I have received no hits I just fan mail a bit more.

Peaks and troughs - smooth them out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)