Sending Backlinks

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image79
    David 470posted 13 years ago

I usually send 5-8 backlinks using socialmarker.com, however, I want to expand this.

Some topics I write on here get traffic consistently,(5-10 daily maybe) but not quite as much as I would like. I want to get more serious in backlinking. Maybe 15-25 backlinks. I do not want to over backlink though.

Are there other sites like socialmarker.com to send backlinks?

Share your opinions on backlinks if you wish. For example, would sending 10 more backlinks make a difference or not?

1. saish profile image41
      saishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there is a share otion under your every blog close to useful , funny  and stuff. share your low traffic hubs with your followers it is one option

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I don't backlink. I tweet and that's it. I've found that after writing over 200 hubs, when I write a new one with the intent of getting google traffic, I usually get hits within hours.

Have you tried posting comments on blogs etc?

Remember though - if the person ranked above you has 1000 backlinks and you have 10, a few more won't make much difference.

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, some of my hubs do not really need backlinked. Some though, do not get 20+ a day. For example: some exercise and fitness do not.

No, I have not posted comments on blogs or anything.I am not sure how to go about it.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well i don't do backlinking as well but I think I can help.

search for a blog/forum related to your content. Post a comment with link. If allowed create anchor text backlink

2. David 470 profile image79

Honestly, I have some hubs that are dead. Mine can fall into these 5 categories.

1) Ton of Traffic hubs (100s of views a day)
        2) Fairly good, but have potential maybe (Seasonal often)
        3) Consistent, but not many views per day
        4) Some views once in a great while

5) DEAD HUBs, get no traffic at all, except in the beginning.

I know how to target good traffic hubs I think, but its not something I can do everyday as the topics do not exist yet.

2. David 470 profile image79

So basically the idea is, is to find relevant topics on blogs and post your links there because its of a similar topic to gain a backlink?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that would be a reasonable approach,too.
        I like WryLilt's advice.
        I don't backlink either, though I have asked a couple of webmasters (that I know personally) if they would like to link to a pertinent hub.
        My earnings are moderate (I'm amazed at how much they have grown)-- but my effort is also moderate. Like fine wine-- aging does wonderful things.
        Keep writing. Keep improving your hubs. Don't stress too much about what you could or should do. (Just my opinion.)

Yeah lol, I do stress about it often. I think I had a "eureka" moment in November. Mainly on how to get decent traffic in specific niches.

I

You might! I know there are several here who regard it as a full-time business and take advantage of every possibility. If you know what you are doing it can pay off.

If you know only a little (like me) it still tends to grow due to natural causes. Good luck! smile

What would be considered full-time on here? I mean technically, people may spend 20 hours a week on here. That's part time, but in terms of income, some people make full-time income from 20 hours/weekly approx.

Of course, when it comes to writing, time only means so much. It really depends on content, and traffic. The time spent in the long run is the best...(I think at least)

I think you are right. 
                No one should think they can depend on this for a full time income immediately -- at least those just starting out.
                It is something to cultivate and give regular attention to, while having a regular job or other means of getting income.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes.

Find related forum and blog. Post a comment or guest thread with a link or anchor text. Some will allow link some will only allow anchor text. Some offers both. You can get 2 links. One as a anchor text as your name another as a hub link in the comment or thread you make.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

you can use google blog search for finding related blogs.

This is how you create anchor text back link:

<a href=”your hub url”>keyword for which you want a backlink</a>

Thanks

4. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Backlinking is a tough job hated by most people. If you still want more backlinks use web2 sites like blogger,tumblr etc and link back to your hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)