Backlinking your backlinks

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (55 posts)
  1. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

I just wondered if anyone backlinked their backlinks, like putting Shetoldme links on Reddit for example. I'm seriously running outta ideas of how to get traffic.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This tid bit of insanity has never occurred to me tongue (most of this stuff seems a bit insane lol)

My favorite has been to go out there and search for my main keyword plus blog, find page one and 2 blogs that I can comment on and leave the best/nicest most relevant comment with my url in the specified field. That has done more for me then shetoldme or any of the others. I am quite close to a payout with redgage and am thinking of re-investing it into one of those backlink services that give loads of em automatically for my various urls (will have to re-visit mishas hub when I do).

My best hubs for traffic got some manual backlinking like I mentioned above but mostly just had to age, so I try to keep thinking forward and hope that the older ones will take off at some point (the ones that don't get traffic now)

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Golly gosh yes indeedy. I even backlink my backlinked, backlinked, backlinked backlinks and then submit them to a social bookmarking site and ping the page. wink

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha...it's the best way to backlink!

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although I have thought about doing this, but never actually tried. Now I better give it a try!

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jen, backlinking your backlinks is good, but you've got to stop thinking of sites like Redgage and Shetoldme as the answer.

Did you know Nelle Hoxie won't even use them?  She's not the only Hub "guru" who feels the same way.  You need real backlinks, from related sites.

You're right, Misha and Mark use paid services.  I'm not ready to go that route either, but I do go looking for blogs and forums on my topics and leaving comments.  On most blogs, you can get a link in your name. There are forums which let you put a link in your signature.  Or you can arrange with other Hubbers to swap links (though preferably not directly).

jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know those sites aren't the best way, but when I started writing they were the ways of backlinking I learnt about that were free and at the time they doubled my little traffic, and I still get a fair bit of traffic from them.

This thread has actually taught me more about backlinking than any hub has, just wish i'd thought to ask earlier!

2. kephrira profile image59
        kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree about redgage etc. I stopped using them too. But if your using comments as a mojor part of your link building its worth getting some software that will search for blogs and forums that don't put nofollow tags on links in the comment section. And if you don't mind being constatly asked if you want to upgrade you can get a basic bit of software to do this without paying for it.

4. lender3212000 profile image58
      lender3212000posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Backlinking your own links can be valuable however similar rules apply to linking a main site. If you are going to do it, make sure that you are using quality unique content and placing it on trusted sites and you should be just fine.

5. mailxpress profile image49
      mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      I have never considered creating backlinks to my backlinks.  I'm sure if I spent on day hitting all of the revenue sharing websites I belong to I could create about 50 new URLs.  It sounds to me like visitors would be brought to a new intro each and every time but never actually be brought to the article, blog, hub or website.
      I've had writers block and finally realized the only way I am going to earn revenue each day is to write about hundreds of different topics which I have been doing the past few weeks.
      My main niche for a long time was SEO and Internet Marketing.  Now I find myself writing about food, style, beer, wine and anything else.  But what I find so time consuming about writing about subjects I don't know much about is the research involved BUT so worth it.  Think about it.  The more we write the more we have an opportunity to earn revenue.  But writing about so many different topics and subjects helps me get more traffic because I am reaching so many different audiences.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Umm, so let me get it straight. You were not making money yourself and were writing advice on SEO and Internet marketing? In other words, you were writing about the topic you have no knowledge in? In other words you lied to people? Did I get it right?

And you still obviously don't make money, but now you came to forums with advice based on your experience in making money?

1. TheWicklessCandle profile image58
          TheWicklessCandleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bahaha!

Good call. Friggin hilarious. I love it when internet marketers want me to buy their services. A hobby of mine lately is writing hubs about how their a scam and then being on top of them in Google.

The calls are of pleas after that.

Upg Marketing for example. Go ahead! Google it up!

2. mailxpress profile image49

No, you did not get it right.  SEO and Internet marketing works in my favor because of my experience and yes, I reach the $100 minimum the past few months because I do practice what I preach.  I enjoy sharing my experience that brings me in revenue.
          I just got  a new part-time waitress position and I had to study wine.  I had to do research and since I had to learn different types of wine I thought I would write a Hub about it and then wrote a blog.
          Fish.  I had to learn how to describe the fish the restaurant sells.  I studied, did research and then wrote a Hub and a blog and created backlinks which brought me much traffic.

3. mailxpress profile image49

OH, one more thing.  I don't need to work full time anymore because I have streams of income coming in each month.  Adsense was only my beginning.  My profile explains it all.  If you have any suggestions please, I love to learn more.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

Mailxpress, I'm sure you know a lot, but it sounds to me as though you've cracked one way to make a living online, but there's still a lot you don't know.  Compared to people like Misha you're a babe in arms - if he's questioning your methodology, you should listen.

I've recently been reading about the benefit of backlinking your backlinks.  The point is, Google likes your site to have backlinks from quality sites.  So it's in your interest to make sure any site with a backlink is considered quality - which means it, in turn, needs to be linked to.

1. mailxpress profile image49

Like all of us we all have a lot to learn still.  I never said I know everything but thank you.  I will take the time to read his Hubs.

2. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Hi Jen, I haven't got to the point of backlinking my backlinks yet, but I know that it's good practice. I have a few ideas for you to do with as you wish.

One is to look for other venues to get backlinks. Redgage and shetoldme are ok but there are better venues. I see you have a series of hubs on impressionist artists and I'm sure there must be art blogs and art forums where you could get better backlinks for those. Forums are great because you can create a signature with a few links in (use the anchor text impressionist artists or whatever keyphrase you want to rank for).

I'd also suggest changing your titles around a bit so that it reads Impressionist Artists: Claude Monet: 5 Interesting Facts
    (because people are more likely to be searching for claude monet in relation to impressionist artists rather than interesting facts) and also make sure you have the phrase impressionist artists throughout the text of your hub, in a few subheadings and in one image decription. These things should help push your hub up in the search pages for "impressionist artists". The higher your page is in the search results the more traffic you'll get.

It's also worth pinging your article if you haven't yet. I use pingates.

Hope that helps smile

I've really published my Impressionist hubs in the wrong order. I'm doing one main one that is an overview and then linking the individual artist ones from there. I just haven't finished the overview one yet because I havent done all my research on all the artists I'm talking about. But when I'm done I'll definitely take your advice and visit some art forums and blogs. I've also done a load of book reviews so I suppose I could do the same thing with those.

I'll take your advice and change my headings around as well. It was really the artists' name that I was going for with my keywords and I tried to make sure that it appeared as 2-3% of the words. And I included it in every image description. When i finish my overview hub it'll be jam packed with the phrase 'impressionist artists'

thanx for the tips Susana

3. jenblacksheep profile image69

I've never used redgage. I use 4 backlinking sites (although I think one of them is nofollow) but as far as I know I haven't actually earnt any money directly from them. I try and link my hubs to each other, but thats about all i do in terms of backlinks. Am considering starting a blog or some kind of website, but I think that's going to take a lot of effort that I need to spend writing hubs.

4. jenblacksheep profile image69

I might give it a try backlinking backlinks onto reddit, because I'm lazy and reddit is the only one I use that you dont have to write a 50 word description for. And when I put one of my hubs on there the other day I got a massive amount of traffic, like quadruple the usual amount for that hub.

1. Misha profile image62

Did they click any ad? I seriously doubt it...

As for backlinking - yes, I do backlink my backlinks, and persuaded Mark to do it LOL. Did you read my recent hubs on the topic? smile

No, no clicks. I'm lucky to get one like every few weeks on any of my hubs.

Yes, I have read a couple of your hubs, can't remember which. You pay to sign up to some backlinking sites dont you? I just can't afford to do that.

1. Misha profile image62

Ah, OK, keep playing around then. When you get serious - come back and I'll explain to you what to do smile

5. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

I backlink everything. Here is an example. Submit each page to rss aggregators using the rss feed of the page or make one at html to rss dot com.

Note down each rss feed on Notepad and with the following feeds.

Take your reddit, she told me and any other url you want to promote and go to html to rss dot com. Put in the url's (up to 50) and turn those into an rss feed. Submit that rss feed to aggregators manually or use software.

Take that feed and put it through feedburner dot com and submit as above.

Now take all those rss feeds and social bookmark them over quite a few days and ping each social bookmark and use the rss feed of that social bookmark site and start again.

That's backlinking backlinks to the ten fold and make one, two, three up to as many as you like, waybacklinks. I'd hate to draw the diagram but it would look similar to a referral charts twenty levels deep.

Now this is not as hard as it sounds. If you have the software all the better but still manually can be done. Beats submitting articles anyway and works well.

The idea with this method is not only back links but also sending down page rank and massive exposure. I had one of my blog rss feeds picked up by a major site and still enjoy huge traffic numbers over the past eighteen months.

1. profile image0
      Good Intentionsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am learning.  Can you recommend a software package?  Are they expensive?  I havent yet created an article yet, but I want to learn this backlink stuff.  Thank you

1. travelespresso profile image70
        travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can check Misha's hub on this.  He has recommended one.

2. mailxpress profile image49

Hi Terry,

I just want to say thank you for giving me direction and for helping understand what I had such a hard time with.  I appreciate the help you give me.  Thank you.

1. TerryGl profile image57
        TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is my pleasure.

6. jenblacksheep profile image69

Ok, you just said a whole lot of things I don't understand. RSS feeds are something that just completely pass me by. When I've finished writing all the hubs I need to do I'm going to come back to rss feeds and learn what I can about them, but at the moment I just don't understand them.

1. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you go to your profile page and click on subscribe to rss etc.. it will come up with a new page of all of your hubs. That's your rss feed.

It contains all those beautiful url's with anchor text that you can promote.

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To elaborate on this, next time you're creating a new hub or editing an existing one and want to add an RSS capsule with a link to other hubs on the subject:

1. Open another window in your browser.
        2. Go to Hub Pages and visit your profile page
        3. Click on "Subscribe to Jenblacksheep's RSS feed"
        4. Highlight the URL of that page, and do CTRL-C to copy it to the clipboard
        5. Go to the other window where your hub/RSS capsule is
        6. Do CTRL-V to paste the URL into the relevant bit of the RSS capsule.  Doing mine gives:

http://hubpages.com/author/EmpressFelicity/latest/?rss

To show all hubs with the tag "jewellery", I then add that tag with a forward slash to give:

http://hubpages.com/author/EmpressFelic … atest/?rss

If I want it to show my "hot" or "best" jewellery hubs, I change "latest" to... you've guessed it, "hot" or "best".

You can change the number of hubs it shows as well - 5 or 6 is about right IMO.

I came by this via a recent forum thread and find it much easier than creating a links capsule and copying and pasting individual links.

7. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Would any of you backlinkers be willing to mention a recent example (very specific, I mean) of your backlinking that some of the rest of us could look at?  I often learn best by seeing something in action, and I think it would help me if I could go to one of these blogs or whatever and see where you have backlinked from there to here - that is, what it looks like to the visitors to that site or page.

Please? Or at least, something definitely more specific than just naming a site like Redgage or whatever.  Maybe you could mention the site or page and topic, and then I/we could search from there.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

Go here - type in any URL to find the backlinks to that page.

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

In many cases my backlinks go five deep. Not all of my sites that I use for backlinks have affiliate links on them. Many are content only sites and I work very hard to get quality links from others. And I link to lots of great sites that aren't mine. And several of those sites are nearly 10 years old.

My decision to no longer use places like shetoldme or redgage is fairly complicated. Partly I don't know enough about the owners and I don't want to participate further in what may or may not remain a good neighborhood. Partly I don't want those people to learn too much about my sites and affiliate strategy. You never know who your competitors are in this biz. And I just don't like social bookmarking sites, my instinct yells no.

I remember when Link Farms and Web Rings were the way to go. And that got very ugly very fast.

1. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All of this information is immensely helpful to me.  You can see or guess that this is one area where I know absolutely nothing.

...So, please excuse if this is dumb..... But, are you saying, Nelle, that you don't share with Facebook and MySpace and similar sites? Or do you mean something else by social bookmarking sites?

@Mark - Many thanks, I'm heading there now.

@Jen - I'm really glad you've asked this.  I'm getting better educated as a result!

9. jenblacksheep profile image69

I don't use social bookmarking sites for backlinks. I don't even have a twitter account and I just don't think it's right to inundate people I know with messages to go to my site. There's one link to my profile on my facebook profile page and that's it. My friends know I write, if they wanted to find my blog they there's a link there.

Also, i'm scared of Google because it knows everything, surely if you put links on facebook and then loads of your friends started clicking the links they'd get suspicious and ban you.

10. Aficionada profile image78

Aaaaack!!  I've been "sharing" every single one of my Hubs on Facebook!!  Each time I do, I get a few hits from it, not a huge enough amount to make me feel nervous about Google's reaction, but enough for me to feel that it's worthwhile.

If it's not safe to share in that way, why are the "share" boxes at the bottom of our Hubs? (just asking) Would it be better not to share all of them there?  Help, please?

I checked out the link that Mark posted above, pasted in some of my own most-visited articles' URL's, and got all pumped and proud.  They showed a good number of links (but still all within HubPages)!  Wow.  Woo-hoo for me...

I figured maybe a lot of other Hubbers have discovered my articles and have linked to them in the same way that I am linking to theirs with the new Suggest-a-Link Tool (without actually notifying them that I'm doing so).

But then.... I decided to check out one link that looked sort of strange. It was a Hub that consists entirely of pictures and their captions - the staff or faculty of some organization, nothing objectionable.  But I can't see why my article was linked there - I couldn't see a link anywhere in the captions at all - unless perhaps a link showed up in one of those "related articles" boxes on the right side of the page.  Would that show up to Yahoo as a backlink?  And if so, why would my announcement links on Facebook not show up as backlinks?

Still puzzling it out..........

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
      Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a most excellent conversation.  You all are quite helpful for me.  I am getting some really good ideas here and learning a lot.  Backlinking and the like has been a big dip in the road for me, but I continue to keep on riding.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

Since Facebook is only visible to your friends, you're never going to get much traffic from that. It doesn't hurt, though - so long as your friends know not to click on your ads to "help" you, because some Hubbers have lost their Adsense accounts thanks to over-helpful friends!

That's the related Hubs feature on HubPages working.  And remember, HubPages is all one big site, so they're not external backlinks.

1. Aficionada profile image78
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I actually did finally figure out my misunderstanding (thought process continued in my last paragraph); I had figured out they were internal links, because of their URL's - just thought they were in articles; I didn't even think about the "Related Hubs" box until I checked.  Rats.  I lived, I learned.

I suppose I will go ahead and delete all of my Facebook posts.  I had started sharing there, because it seemed to be a friendly way to start publicizing my hubs, great for a basically shy person like me.  Also, many of my hubs relate to music, and a whole lot of my Facebook friends are musicians, so it seemed like a natural place to begin.  Bummer.  I surely don't want to tick off the Big G.

[Off-topic:  How do you split up a quoted comment in a reply, the way Marisa Wright's reply to me is split?  Is that done with "Formatting Tips"?

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Use the "Import and edit the quote button" to import the text you're replying to.  If you're splitting two paragraphs and putting your reply between them, make sure each of the paragraphs written by the person you're replying to have appropriate quote tags round them (using copy & paste makes the job easier).  So before the start of a paragraph you'll have the quote=Aficionada tag with square brackets around it, and at the end of a paragraph you'll have the forward slash quote tag, again with square brackets around it.  Hope that makes sense, only I can't actually write the tags in full because it'll mess up my reply!

11. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

When it comes to linking and building back links - consider this.

We all know that Google especially,rewards sites that provide to searchers of their search engine spot on and accurate information. To that end Google will reward those sites with a high search engine positioning.

Rather then build backlinks the old traditional way - consider linking out to on topic blogs and websites. Wikipedia does this and holds high positions in the search engines.

On my auto content blogs I do no backlinking and only link out to authority sites in my individual posts. Each post sends a pingback to the authority blog and often that pingback will stick giving me a great backlink.

Bite the bullet and in your hubs follow Wikipedia's style and link out to authority sites.

Google will see your hub is giving good information and sound resources to provide their visitors a better experience and chance on what they were originally looking for and reward your hub accordingly.

12. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

On an aside, not really to do with the questions here, I'm a bit suspicious of Redgage. They seem to pay out mostly on photos, then one of us (sorry can't remember who exactly) got a message about using web images when the image she was using was to promote a hub.
    Could be completely wrong, but it strikes me they are selling on our genuine photos? Many of the members are uploading their own photos for the photo section. So when we use copied photos on our hubs, it comes to their attention because someone noticed they were selling a copyrighted photo?
    Redgage has never been successful for me. Shetoldme has never sent one single viewer. I don't think anything I've ever sent them has even appeared, even though I've also posted complete articles there as well as hubs.
    I've never earned a penny from the ad affiliate they use - name forgotten. Waste of time signing up with them.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Izzy, I've had no success with Redgage or Shetoldme either.  I certainly wouldn't waste whole articles on either of them. 

Remember there are two possible benefits of a backlink. 

One is that a real person will see it and follow it.  That's likely to happen if you post on a related blog, for instance, because the reader is already interested in your subject.

The other is that Google judges the "reputation" of your blog or Hub by how many other places link to it.  So even if a human being never clicks on it, the mere existence of a backlink on another site helps you.  To be most effective, the link should be contextual (using your keywords in a paragraph about the subject) and on a site that's about the same topic.

13. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

Personally I'd find that social bookmarks leading to other social bookmark leading to another social bookmark to be a very poor potential reader experience.

I do however have hyperlinked keyword phrases inside articles that lead to related information in another article that can have a hyperlinked keyword phrases to another article. If a person is interesting in learning more about that specific linked topic, they'll get it by clicking on it.

That strategy will have more impact on getting real readers, whereas the first one might be better suited to an SEO advantage rather than being of benefit to humans.

14. TheWicklessCandle profile image58
    TheWicklessCandleposted 13 years ago

This is a forum to read over again and again

1. travelespresso profile image70
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed it is!  smile

15. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

I am tying to understand the whole world of building links for more traffic. But every time I find a spot for links, someone says that the site stinks. I find myself spending more time reading about how to gain traffic than actually writing hubs.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's OK too. I've spent hours trying to backlink and many more hours trying to write.
      (I know which I preferred doing lol)
      I thought I'd caught on (again) and was looking at google keywords tool. 999,000 searches on this item. Go to google 20,000,000 results on this search term.
      That's the problem.
      The internet is saturated with writers trying to make a living.
      As far as I can see, and correct me if I'm wrong, the writers on here that do OK, do OK on one or two hubs only.
      So they got lucky in their keyword research and found a keyword that was highly searched with low google search results?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

I wouldn't say I do well on one or two Hubs only, but certainly some Hubs do far better than others.  My best Hub has earned $200 all up, my worst one about 2 cents!

Most Hubbers will say they're surprised at which Hubs do well and which don't.  That's why I say write on a variety of subjects and look at how they perform.  When you hit on a flyer, write more on that one!

Oh, and when you're using the keyword tool, make sure you're using "exact" not "broad".

2. profile image0
      El Rayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everybody has an opinion and they all vary. You should test these sites for yourself and let your own results be your guide.

16. Aficionada profile image78

[I'm having posting problems tonight, so I didn't reply completely before.  Sorry.]

I do get what you are saying, Marisa, about the FB sharing being all right as long as my friends know not to click on the ads.  I don't know whether I can feel confident that they would not click; I don't think any of them, or not many anyway, even understand much about clicking on ads.  Or maybe they do and it has just never come up in conversation! lol  Anyway, I guess I'll feel safer to delete, even if that's not necessary.

I'm still really far away from feeling that I understand linking and backlinks, although the understanding is starting to germinate.  I'm a little more optimistic about keywords, so I may try to work more on those first and just keep reading and trying to figure out the whole linking issue.

Thank you, to all of you who are trying to help us slow ones to understand and catch up!

17. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

I use all free services, so far im doing alright, I do not put in all the effort I could be. I could do more but dont because im lazy and whenever I get a good idea I wait 1-3 days and some other HUBBER somehow takes it. Normally I dont care, but it takes the impact off of what I am aiming for on those ideas and go back to the map. Just keep backlinking and get backlinks from blogs and other sources, I dont even use shetoldme and stuff like that LOL.

I might start soon though.

~thranax~

18. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Oh, so after more than a year you got to your first payout. Yeah, it is "making money" lol

And all those long months you taught people to "make money " big_smile

19. strutzas profile image60
    strutzasposted 13 years ago

backlinking your backlinks is great and i think this is the best way to backlink!..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)