HubPage view, adsense impression pages, and adsense click

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. dave360 profile image64
    dave360posted 13 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I'm new on hubpage.
    Here is my question: in 8 days i have published 6 hubs, which led to 525 page views which led to 137 impression pages on google adsense and 0 click.
    Is this normal. How to explain the fall from 525 tp 137 impression and on average how many page viewed you need to get a click?
    Also my best hub was on the second page of google search for a few days, and now it's nowhere to be found? Any idea?
    thanks
    David

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it is totally normal though you were a bit unlucky not have a single click. After publishing a hub Google gives it an initial boost in position but it doesn't sustain the position for long. As time passes the hubs will get aged and climb up the position again. Nothing to worry. Learn about keyword research and do it prior to writing hubs for getting better position in quicker time.

2. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is normal only. You should wait for the click.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And different topic has different conversion rate though 1.5% is an average click through rate as far as I am concerned.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a difference between tracking systems of HP and Adsense with Adsense being more accurate. And then you get only 60% of the of the total impressions. Also, there is a possibility that you entered your affiliate ID after some time of joining.

How much of your traffic is from Google? Traffic from HubPages doesn't really convert very well into clicks. Also, it is very much possible to receive zero clicks after 137 impressions even if all of them are from search engines.

dave360posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you are right, i realize that my Adsense ID had been approved only for the last 2 days, which explains the discrepancy. So i missed on 7 days of traffic lol!
        Yea most of my traffic comes from hubpages, i get 8-12% of my traffic from google only

4. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dave,

It is rather strange that you did not get a single click, but that's life.

Freshness is a ranking factor in Google, and a new page naturally has a ranking boost, which dissipates fairly rapidly.  it is also possible that you ranked higher than someone, who then put in a little bit more effort to beat you to the top spot.

It is still early days, you should see higher rankings appear as you spend longer on the site smile

too bad I missed on potential clicks when my page was new and ranked well on google...it's a learning process smile

5. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you check to see where your visits are coming from?

Chances are most are internal to HubPages. Hubbers don't click on ads, because they have an incidental interest in what you're writing about, and we've been trained to avoid click fraud.

Over time, though, if your Hubs are really great (better than the competition) they will slowly rise in Google rankings. Google visitors are far more likely to click on ads. smile

After checking one of my hub gets 50% of its traffic through google the others around 8% i think. I'm not sure why this hub gets more attention from google, probably a hotter topic and probably better keywords (but i'm not sure there is anyone who knows what are great tags compare to just average tags for google!)

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

And yes your click conversion rate is supposed to be lower as your page is not optimized in terms of ads placement. The 360x250 size ad block is the best place to get clicked when placed on the right top of the hub. In all your hub you have placed an image there and pushed the ads downward. Its recommended not to place an image on top of a hub.

thanks for your advice

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

And by the way, your TOS with Google prohibits you from disclosing anything but money earned.  It is really silly and I doubt they really care about small numbers like that, but technically you are in violation.

oups!

4. dave360 profile image64

I just wanna update on my stats: after a month i'm at 1461 pages viewed on HP, which convert in only 666 impression pages on Adsense, and only 1 click!!
    So let's say Adsense is more accurate and that it converts into only 60% of page impressions as someone mentionned earlier so i should be around 880 minus the one i missed before i register to Adsense
    But how to explain the 1 click only!!!

5. dave360 profile image64

I think I got it. The problem is that I write from France, I have thus registered to Adsense with a French address and the problem is that I write in english about international, USA oriented subjects and my hubs are listed on google.com or canada, or australie or uk...With half of my ad in French or linking to a website in France or swizerland or uk i understand why i get so few clicks
    How can i change that setting, so that i can get ad related to the subject i write about, in english and geographically sound ??

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are in France Google will display french advertisements, but they will display English advertisements to people in English speaking countries.

If I were you I would get Google Analytics set up and do some keyword analysis to figure out how to make your work more appealing to the people who are finding it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)