jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How to set up various Catagories in hubpage Profile page?

1. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 6 years ago

I am writing hubs on a few different subjects. I have seen some hubbers have set up a right catagories of their each hub, how do I go about setting it up? I quickly browsed through hub learning center and might have missed the right section, so I thought of asking here. Thank you'all.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Those categories are automatic and change on a daily basis. Your hubs will appear in relevant categories once you have more than 15. You cannot control what hubs show.

2. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess, I meant to say how to set up groups! It is just above the category section in my account tab. Let's see if and when it will work. I have about 10 hubs right now.

Thanks SteveMc and Wrylilt!

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The groups you create won't be the groups that appear on your profile page.

Groups are more of an easy way to see all your hubs when you have a lot of them. For instance on my account page I'll use the drop down to show all my 'baby' hubs and see how they're going as a group.

The navigation they provide between hubs is at the bottom and is fairly small so is not likely to increase your traffic between grouped hubs.

1. profile image0
          cookingdivaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wrylilt,

That is exactly what I was talking about! It is not about traffic but just finding group for my orphan hubs to simplified look.

2. SteveoMc profile image76
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

You select the categories when you make the hub.   Personally know of no way to change that.  The categories then are displayed on your profile.    ON the other hand, you can define your own groups.  Just go to 'my account' click on 'groups' where you can edit groups.   Each of your hubs can be added to a group that you define.  This becomes the quick navigation at the bottom of your hub for readers interested in other hubs in the same group.   Add each hub to a group from the groups page by dragging the hub into the group.

working