jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Ad Free Hub?

1. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

I am wanting to write a Hub about an event a not for profit community organisation I member of held last weekend. Can I post a link to the group's blog and still turn off all advertisements on the Hub?

1. pisean282311 profile image52
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

now why do you want to do that? ...instead keep special channel for it and donate what you make (ofcourse if u wish) to this community...

2. izoooom profile image60
      izoooomposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just donate it. No use wasting charitable funding big_smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Afraid not. Outbound links means the hub is considered commercial, unless you were to link to such a place as Wikipedia. You could of course contact HubPages and ask for permission to do this.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this
    2. Karanda profile image83
      Karandaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Website Examiner, are all outbound links considered commercial? I thought it was okay for one or two links if they provided additional information to the hub topic?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Here is the official definition, for you to interpret:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#commercial

As far as "commercial sites" and "for-profit business," it does not change the hub's commercial nature that the linked site provide relevant information. In fact, links are always supposed to be relevant to the hub's contents.

1. profile image0
          Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just read that. As the group I belong to is nfp, a Hub about it - provided I do not go overboard with links to their site, should be okay. Or have I misread it?
          I do not want to have my Hub pulled for getting this wrong.

1. profile image0

A "commercial site" solicits donations, sells products or services, runs advertisements and such. Even if operated by a non-profit, a site doing such things would still be considered commercial in my opinion.

1. profile image0
              Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your opinion is one that I do value.

Thanks for your help.

I will leave the settings as they are, and work out a way to tell if the Hub generates any income. Then I can put that into the group's coffers... if I ever see a cheque! big_smile

1. profile image0

You are welcome. Good luck with it, I might stop by and have a look at your review.

3. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone.

How do you set a special channel? Will adSense tell me which Hub (if any) is adding to my 63 cent balance?

1. izoooom profile image60
      izoooomposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google lets you have more than one adsense account. One for business and one for personal. So you can open one especially for hubpages I guess.

working