jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (33 posts)

Something You Wanted More Than Anything as a Kid

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

With all the kids sitting on Santa's knee telling him those items they want more than anything, made me think about my childhood days.  What did you want more than anything in the world, how old were you and did you get it?

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wanted a Sindy.... got one on my 18th though!  I dont think my parents liked me performing brain surgery on my dolls - my tiny tears went through hell (with no anaesthetic either!) - I was a strange child, but there again, Im a strange adult! hehehe

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

A horse! I got my first one when I was 8.

3. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

oh, man, talk about disappointment, huh?

I think I was 8, maybe 9, but I really think I was 8 - and I wanted a Chemistry set.  I really, really wanted one!!  Didn't get it, though. hmm 

Then, when I was 9, or 10, but I think 9, I wanted this toy tree-house, thingy.  Kinda like a doll house, with something like Weebles, (the tree popped up & open to expose the living quarters) and I got it.  Odd, I really disliked dolls of any kind, but I liked that d@mn tree-house thingy!  lol

4. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 6 years ago

I got everything I wanted, except a Chopper bike. My parents said they were dangerous and I still resent it - and I still want one.

5. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

An Easy Bake Oven, KCC.  My sister had one and I just dreamed of making those delightful (not) brownies.  I never got one, but both my girls have one now.  Can you say living vicariously?  I also wanted Light Bright sooooo badly.  Tried to make my own version, but it just didn't turn out too well.

KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I remember a few years ago a friend told me about always wanting a Lite Brite and never getting it.  I found one of the miniature ones that come on the end of a pen.  Not sure if you've seen them.  (Go to Google images and put in Lite Brite pen and there is one photo.)  I bought her one. When I gave it to her she cried.  She was so happy, you'd thought I had given her a million dollars.

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
        wordscribe43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

What a sweet friend you are!  I will promptly email you off my address!  smile

The best gifts are often the ones that show someone listens to you.

How about you?  What did you want?

6. livewithrichard profile image83
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

I was 7 in 1975 and the coolest toy around was called "Hugo Man of a Thousand Faces"  I did get it for Christmas that year and it was real creepy and fun.

http://www.timewarptoys.com/hugo.jpg

7. KCC Big Country profile image84

That is creepy, Richard.  But, I bet you had a blast with it!

1. livewithrichard profile image83
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL I remember the glue not working too well and I used some of my dads super glue to give myself a mustache... Trip to the ER and I really expected a good whooping but there were to many laughs at my expense.  LOL I did what 7 year old boys do, play with stuff you're not supposed to play with.

Oh no!  So, was the idea to dress him up or you?  It is based on a TV show?

1. livewithrichard profile image83
          livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Supposed to dress him up but it was the 70's and every guy you seen had a mustache. I wanted one too.

LOL.....they were big in the 70s weren't they?  LOL

8. KCC Big Country profile image84

There was one year that I made a list of about ten things and I got every single one of them.  I commented on Christmas morning, "I got everything I wanted and more!".   I remember my dad being so proud that he was able to do it.   Now, mind you, I never asked for big things. So, it's not like my parents were rich and spoiled me.

1. Rafini profile image87
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I remember my dad being so proud that he was able to do it.

How sweet that you noticed this!  Many kids wouldn't have.

Reading people is what I do.  I read faces and body language.  It's fascinating really.

9. couturepopcafe profile image59
    couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago

To be loved.

10. Greek One profile image76
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

http://tobyspinks.com/images/Farrah_Fawcett.jpg

I remember this poster well.  A boy in my class (we were in junior high) got 3 days suspension for wearing a t-shirt to school with this exact poster on it.   It was decided that it was far too revealing to wear to school.

1. Greek One profile image76
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I got suspended for wearing this shirt.. they said it encouraged inter-species intercourse

http://www.tshirtgrill.com/products/F1C47997ACC54317B7EEB47BCC082545.jpg

LOL.......they can pretty much wear anything these days, can't they?

11. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

A horse!

I still haven't got one, but I did get to help exercise and train a beautiful Quarter Horse/Thoroughbred cross for several years, so that was the next best thing.

12. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 6 years ago

Ken doll for barbie. my mom refused to get me one:)

Was she worried where it might lead or any clue to why she wouldn't?

1. LondonGirl profile image89
        LondonGirlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My mother just outright refused to allow us Cindy dolls or Barbie dolls. She wasn't giving them house room (-:

13. LondonGirl profile image89
    LondonGirlposted 6 years ago

I wanted a bike. I was 8. I had a tiny kid's one, and I was too tall for it.

And I got it! A pink Bianca bike. I adored it, cycled to first primary and secondary school every days for years.

14. Scarlett My Dear profile image60
    Scarlett My Dearposted 6 years ago

My second wish was for a Baby Alive doll, that peed and poo pooed when you fed her.  I earned with an 'E' for Excellent on a report card.

My first?  A horse, of course.  I wished on every turkey's wishbone until my thirty-sixth Thanksgiving!  The following spring, my dream came true.  Two Shetland ponies and a Quarter horse.

I am still thanking the stars.

15. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

There were two things that I wanted more than anything as kid. One was a little sister, the other was a Lego train set.

When I was 25, I finally got the sister. Still waiting on the train set sad

You should go buy yourself one!  smile

1. profile image0
        Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't encourage me big_smile

16. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

a swiss army knife.

17. Extinct Soul profile image60
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

I want a remote control helicopter.

My mother didn't want to buy me one because she said it's for boys. My father bought me one though, but I didn't get the chance to play with it cause I was too young for it then. I'm gonna buy one now after i get my X-mas bonus lol

working