jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why is my hubscore going down?

1. ChikkenPotPie profile image55
    ChikkenPotPieposted 6 years ago

Jeez, I only started yesterday...it's making me feel like a criminal!  In one day I've gone down from 30 to 24.  And I've tried to publish quality hubs (I have three so far.)  When does your hub score start going up - please help before I hit 0?  Also, I think with the hub hopping thing people can see your score right?  I don't want them to think I'm a spammer because I have a low score and automatically rate my hubs down.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Almost everyone who has been here awhile knows that a brand new hubber can have a very low score. In one week, it should have normalized, and chances are pretty good you'll be at 75 or above.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image80
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

I see you haven't had much activity around the site yet, other than publishing.  Try reading others' Hubs and leaving thoughtful comments, finding some good Hubbers to follow, and/or participating in the forums.  You are very new, so don't worry too much about it yet.

ChikkenPotPieposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice...I'll definitely start participating more then! smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think we should be careful about mixing up the concepts here. Being active is not necessary to avoid a low author score. Being active is, however, recommended to achieve a high score, like in the 90s.

I believe that I answered your question correctly. Your score is down because you are new and it hasn't settled yet; not because you have been too passive. A few minutes of research will confirm this.

ChikkenPotPieposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, I thank you very much for your insight as well Website Examiner smile  I guess I'll just have to be more patient then (as well as researching how to write quality hubs and getting to know some of my fellow hubbers)

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

ChikkenPotPie, you are welcome. To be on the safe side, I just took a look at one of your hubs, and it seems to be duplicate content found elsewhere on the Internet. Even if you did write it yourself, it may hurt your author score, and there are various other repercussions. In brief, HubPages is geared towards unique content.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1377214

working