jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Allow us to jump to the latest post in a forum thread

1. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

HubPages does not use a flat forum structure but replies are placed underneath the post to which they reply. This means that when a thread becomes huge people can still place posts in the middle of the thread. In other words, the most recent post is not necessarily at the bottom but it could be anywhere. This makes it hard to find the latest post in threads with 100+ posts.

I think we need a link at the main forums page that takes you to the latest post. It's nice to know that person X posted Y minutes ago but how do I easily find that post?

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

simeon, you can change the way the posts are organized.  At the top of the page, on the right, you can choose either "threaded" (which is what you describe) or "chronological" (which is what I use as my default).

I agree, a threaded sorting is harder to navigate!

If you enter the forums as a guest (not signed in) I believe the only option is threaded; and I read forums that way occasionally - but not often!

3. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Ah thanks, fair enough. I hadn't used that option before but it's indeed a lot better. I guess this makes my proposal no longer needed!

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah, clicking on the name of the poster jumps you to the latest post. It was there all along smile

1. travelespresso profile image80
        travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol you managed to find this in 4 weeks of hubbing - it took me months to recognize this feature was there all the time!

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice! It's never too late to discover a new feature on HubPages. We're in here for the long run anyway haha smile

2. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, but didn't it used to be less obvious? Unless I'm thinking of some other site, it wasn't always right up there at the top as it is now. I think I remember that it was way down the bottom and in smaller text.

1. travelespresso profile image80
            travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe so - Punix.  I like that recollection! smile

4. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

wow this is an amazing find

working